Recipe Cooked, Photographed and Written by Praveena
PrepTime:5 mins MakeTime:5 mins Cuisine:Indian
Apricots are enriched with vitamin C, which (among other reasons for eating) boosts up the strength of the immune system. This is good for the current situation which is gradually worsening. And a strong immune system could make all the difference.
The only purpose for making these energy balls is that Apricots are rich in Vitamin C. And this recipe is made out of my own creativity, with whatever I had available at that time. It can be stored up to 3 to 4 days , even longer if fresh fruit is avoided. But I prefer adding an apple which gives a wet base for making the balls. I didn’t want to add dates and make it a regular Dry Fruits Fudge / Burfi
Health Benefits of Apricot
Apricots are incredibly nutritious on multiple accounts. They are rich in Vitamin C, which in turn helps in boosting the immune system.They promote eye health, digestion, hydration as well as skin health. Other than this they are low on calories, in other words great for weight loss diet. (info from internet)
Before starting to cook, don’t forget to see the Tips mentioned at the end.
Laddoo recipes / Energy Balls⇒ Laddoo Recipes / Indian Energy Balls
Kids Lunch Box Recipes collection⇒ Kids Lunch Box Ideas & Recipes
Appetiser recipes collection⇒ Starters / Snacks
- Vegan Almond Energy Bars
- Peanut Butter Energy Balls (Vegan, Instant)
- Sunflower Seeds Energy Balls
- Oats-Hemp Seeds Energy Balls
- Dried Apricots – 1 cup
- Dried Figs / Anjeer – 1 cup
- Oats – 1 cup
- Fresh Apple – 1 (small size)
- Almonds / Badam – 1 cup
- Hot Water – 1 cup / as required
- Fresh Apple
- Hot Water
Step wise pics Procedure for Vitamin C Rich Dry Apricot Energy Balls:
- You can soak the figs and almonds in running water too but it slows down the process, I used hot water for quick soaking.
- These, energy balls can be stored in fridge for up to 3 to 4 days.
- These, Vitamin C rich Dry Apricot Energy Balls are one such solution for immunity boosting options.
- Its not so great like a chocolate bar, but definitely tasty enough and solves the purpose for Vitamin C rich recipes.
- My kids said these were just fine.. 🙂
Dry Apricot Energy Balls (Vitamin C rich)
- Food processor / Blender / Mixie.
- 1 cup Dried Apricots
- 1 cup Dried Figs / Anjeer
- 1 cup Oats
- 1 small Fresh Apple
- 1 cup Almonds / Badam
- 1 cup Hot water (or as required)
- Gather all ingredients at one place.
- Then soak the almonds and dry figs, separately, for around five minutes in hot water.
- Chop up the fresh apple, dry apricots, soaked almonds, soaked dry figs into pieces.
- Transfer everything into a food processor / mixie. Add the oats too.
- Blend everything into coarse paste.
- Take out the mix into a bowl.
- Round the mix into balls. Done!!
You can Pin it here for later, Pinterest link:
Do leave a comment or hit the like or follow button, just in case you like my recipe!
You can explore my other recipes by clicking the Recipe Category