Recipe Cooked, Photographed and Written by Praveena
PrepTime:2 mins BlendTime:2 mins Cuisine:English
Because of this lock down, kids are at home, and they keep asking for snack every 1 hour or so. I keep making snacks on daily basis. But, just to make it a bit fun for them, I give cooking / baking tasks for kids. I might have mentioned this in my previous posts.
Yesterday, was my younger daughter’s turn. I asked her to make a yummy smoothie with minimal fruits which we had in the freezer. The best thing I told her is not to use any milk here!
It’s fuss-free, all she needed to do was blend everything! 🙂 All Credits to her for the plating too!
This is a quite filing Plant based, NO MILK smoothie, suitable as anytime snack. And kids enjoyed it too!
Before starting to cook, don’t forget to see the Tips mentioned at the end.
Other Smoothie / Drink recipes⇒ Drink / Beverage
Breakfast Recipes Collection⇒ Breakfast / Tiffin
Salad recipes collection⇒ Salads & Soups
- Eggless Whole Wheat Blueberry Cobbler
- Cherry-Banana Bread (Eggless)
- Eggless Strawberry Cupcakes
- Blueberry & Cream Parfait – NoBake! NoCook!
- Blueberries (fresh / frozen) – ½ cup
- Raspberries (fresh / frozen) – ½ cup
- Banana (fresh / frozen) – 1 large size
- Cashew Nuts – 1 cup
- Water – 1 cup
- Cashew Nuts
Procedure for Very Berry Smoothie (Plant Based) :
- Take the cashew nuts and water into a blender / mixie.
- Blend them until smooth and creamy.
- Peel the banana, cut into chunks. (Use your fingers, no need of knife)
- Add the banana chunks, raspberries, blueberries.
- Blend again everything, until smooth.
- Serve Immediately. Done!!
- You can use strawberries, cherries instead of the above.
- It can be served for morning breakfast or for any time snack.
- While blending, you can add a handful of fresh spinach or lettuce.
- That makes the smoothie more nutrient packed drink.
- During hot weather, you could add 2-3 ice cubes as well.
- This, Very Berry Plant Based Smoothie, is not suitable for storage.
- My kids said, Amma, “This smoothie, is just berrylicious!”
- It served the purpose of an afternoon snack.
You can Pin it here for later, Pinterest link:
Do leave a comment or hit the like or follow button, just in case you like my recipe!
You can explore my other recipes by clicking the Recipe Category