Recipe Cooked, Photographed and Written by Praveena
PrepTime:10 mins BakeTime:25 mins Cuisine:English
Eggless Whole Wheat Blueberry Cobbler, one bowl baked dessert with minimum effort and time. What I loved about this recipe is, its a baked recipe and use of fresh fruit.
I am posting this recipe after trying at home, for nearly 10 different occasions. It always baked well, tasted awesome and never failed. It is so easy, that unlike the regular cakes, not much of attention is needed about flat tops/rising needed.
Seeing this ease, my elder daughter also baked this dessert for our New Year celebrations. And at last she said, “Amma, its just mix, pour and bake. Easy, peasy! Tada!! 🙂 ” Right said!!!
What is cobbler? How is it different from Pie?
Cobbler is a traditional dessert recipe consisting of fresh fruit or savoury filling, poured into a large baking dish, covered with batter before being baked. It originated in America by British Colonies.
Generally, a cobbler is mistaken as a pie. A pie is a baked recipe that’s baked in a round dish, which is encased with the crust on top. While a cobbler is baked in any shaped baking dish, where the batter is poured on top of the filling and is not encased.
This is an Egg less, No Refined Flour, No Refined Sugar baked recipe!
I SHALL POST MY VIDEO ON MY YOU TUBE CHANNEL FOR THIS RECIPE VERY SOON!!
Before starting to cook, don’t forget to see the Tips mentioned at the end.
My other Baking recipes here⇒ Baking
Dessert recipes collection⇒ Desserts / Mithayi
- Apple & Orange Salad
- Fusion Dessert – Fruit Custard & Halwa/Pudding
- Mango Kalakand Burfi / Fudge
- Eggless Healthy Dry Fruits & Nuts Cake
- Fresh Blue berries – 1 measuring cup (250 ml)
- Unsalted Butter (melted) – (2 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon)
- Granulated Sugar – 3 tablespoons
- Milk – 3 tablespoons
- Whole Wheat Flour – 1/3 cup (80 ml)
- Baking Powder – ½ teaspoon
- Ground Cinnamon – a pinch (optional)
- Unsalted Butter (melted)
Step wise pics Procedure for Eggless Whole Wheat Blueberry Cobbler:
- You can even use strawberries for the same recipe.
- I never use refined sugar for any of my recipes, I always use unrefined cane sugar.
- I used general whole wheat chapati flour in this recipe.
- The other time, I even tried with whole wheat bread flour, which worked perfectly.
- This, Eggless Whole Wheat Blueberry Cobbler, can be stored in fridge and served when needed.
- The juicy blueberries and the top baked layer, combined together made a great combination.
- For every serving, we had a swirl of whipped cream, on the top.
- After a hearty main course, this dessert made the meal a complete three course platter.
Eggless Whole Wheat Blueberry Cobbler
- Oven Safe / Baking Safe Dish
- Convection Oven / OTG
- 1 cup Blue berries (fresh) (250 ml)
- 2 tablespoons Unsalted Butter (melted)
- 1 teaspoon Unsalted Butter “
- 3 tablespoons Granulated Sugar
- 3 tablespoons Milk
- ⅓ cup Whole Wheat Flour (80 ml)
- ½ teaspoon Baking Powder
- Ground Cinnamon – a pinch (optional
- Brush the shallow dish with melted butter.
- Arrange blueberries all over the dish and sprinkle 1 tablespoon of granulated sugar throughout.
- In a mixing bowl,add the butter, milk and 2 tablespoons of sugar.
- Mix thoroughly until combined well.
- In the same bowl, sift in the flour, baking powder and stir until wet and dry ingredients are mixed well.
- Pour the flour batter on the top of the blue berries.
- Spread evenly throughout the blueberries.
- Gently, place the dish in the oven, and bake for 25 mins at, 180ºC / 350ºF.
- Take out of the oven, put the dish on wire rack, let it cool for 20 mins. Then serve, Done!!
You can Pin it here for later, Pinterest link:
Do leave a comment or hit the like or follow button, just in case you like my recipe!
You can explore my other recipes by clicking the Recipe Category