Recipe Baked, Photographed and Written by Praveena
PrepTime:10 mins CookTime:20 mins Cuisine:English
Like any other children, even my kids are fond of cakes and cupcakes. Winter being the best season for strawberries I made these for them as a weekend treat. You wouldn’t believe me this is the first time I made cupcakes with strawberries, but look at how good they turned out. Isn’t it?! 🙂
My kids loved it so sooo much. We finished all the 15 cupcakes in a go!! Do try it for your family too!!
Before starting to cook, don’t forget to see the Tips mentioned in the end.
Find my baking recipes here⇒ Baking
Dessert recipes collection here⇒ Desserts / Mithayi
Appetiser / Starter recipes collection here⇒ Starters / Snacks
- Sweet Mango Lassi / Drink
- Blueberry – Cream Parfait NoBake! NoCook!
- Avocado & Mango Milkshake
- Banana-Prune Milkshake
- All Purpose Flour – 1 cup
- Wheat Flour – 1 cup
- Baking Soda – ¾ teaspoon
- Baking Powder – 1 ½ teaspoon
- Salt – ¼ teaspoon
- Oil – ½ cup
- Milk – 1 cup
- White Vinegar – 1 tablespoon (optional)
- Strawberry Essence – 1 teaspoon
- Pink Food Colour – 1 teaspoon
- Diced Strawberries – 1 cup
- Sugar – ¾ cup
For strawberry topping:
- Strawberries – 1 cup
- Powdered Sugar – ¼ cup
- Strawberry Essence
- Pink Food Colour
Procedure for Eggless strawberry cupcakes:
- Firstly, line up the muffin trays or cup cake trays with suitable liners of your choice.
- Gather all the required ingredients at one place so that it avoids confusion.
- Switch on the oven and preheat at 180°C or 350º F.
- Now, In a food processor or blender, make a puree of diced strawberries, milk, oil, essence , sugar , food colour and vinegar.
- Transfer this puree into a large bowl.
- Into the same bowl sieve in the whole wheat flour, all purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Then, using a spatula gently cut and fold everything , till the wet and dry ingredients combine perfectly.
- You can even use a hand whisker to mix up everything perfectly.
- Using an ice-cream scooper,pour in this batter into the cup cake moulds up to ¾ level of each hole.
- Just tap the trays 2-3 times to make the batter settle down evenly.
- Put the trays into the pre-heated oven .
- Bake them for 15-20 mins or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Take the trays out and put them on the cooling rack.
- Once they are cooled completely, only then remove the cupcakes from the trays.
- For the topping, in the meanwhile, take strawberries and powdered sugar into a bowl.
- Mash them using a potato masher, so that both are blended.
- It should form like a syrup if you let it sit for 5-10 mins.
- You can top each cupcake with a teaspoonful of this strawberry topping just before serving
- Or you can even have them as it is without any topping!! Done!!
- Vegans, can use any plant based milk. But, almond milk works perfectly.
- You can use vanilla essence in case you do not have strawberry essence.
- Pink food colour can be skipped and have plain cake colour too.
- I used brown sugar which is raw i.e. unrefined , so my cupcakes might vary slightly in colour.
- You can even use just the wheat flour or just the all purpose flour too. (Unlike me)
- I did not use the white vinegar while making, but still my cupcakes were perfect.
- I added bits of strawberry pieces (2 to 3) in each cupcake while filling in the tray.
- For Vegan cupcakes, you will have to use almond milk.
- You can double the ingredients to get double the cupcake count/double size of Eggless strawberry cupcakes.
- These, Eggless strawberry Cupcakes are super fluffy.
- They are filled with lovely smell of the fresh strawberries and flavour too.
You can Pin it here for later use :
Do leave a comment or hit the like or follow button, just in case you like my recipe!
You can find my other recipes by clicking the Recipe Category