Recipe Cooked, Photographed and Written by Praveena
PrepTime:2 mins MixTime:2 mins Cuisine:Indian
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL MY DEAR READERS!! 🙂 🙂 From this new year, I made a resolution of making more healthier recipes, for my family. I dont have any definite meal plan or diet plan in particular. But, I would like to fine tune the food intakes, during the coming days.
This is the healthy drink part of our New Year’s Day brunch. In this milkshake the main ingredient are the PRUNES, which have very high natural sugar content and chewy in texture just like dates. Prunes can be replaced with dates in this recipe. And most importantly, prunes are the first natural choice to get rid of constipation.
Before starting to cook, don’t forget to see the Tips mentioned at the end.
My other Drink recipes here⇒ Drink / Beverage
- Cherry-Banana Bread (Eggless)
- Stuffed Banana Peppers / Gutti Mirapakaya
- Raw Banana Curry (Wet) / Aratikaya Muddha Koora
- Bananas – 4 medium size
- Dry Prunes – 10
- Sugar / Honey – 2 teaspoon (optional)
- Milk – 300 to 350ml
- Almonds – 8
- Ice Cubes – 8
- Ice Cubes
- Peel the bananas, and cut each into small pieces.
- Chop 2 almonds and keep aside for garnish.
- Take the bananas, prunes and sugar / honey (optional) into a blender / mixer and blend them thoroughly.
- Now add the milk, half of the ice-cubes, remaining almonds and blend them again.
- Pour the milkshake into glasses / tumblers and garnish with ice-cubes, chopped almonds and chopped banana. Done!!
- You can use the milk which is boiled and cooled.
- Adjust the consistency, by adding more/less milk.
- This, Banana prune milkshake, tasted really good, with the tag of ‘HEALTHY MILKSHAKE’ on it.
You can Pin it here for later, Pinterest link:
Do leave a comment or hit the like or follow button, just in case you like my recipe!
You can explore my other recipes by clicking the Recipe Category