Recipe Cooked, Photographed and Written by Praveena
PrepTime:10 mins CookTime:5 mins Cuisine:Indian
Jonna / Jowar / Sorgham is the 5th most produced GRAIN, besides wheat, rice, barley and corn.
It gives amazing benefits to our health. Most importantly, its Gluten free. Its high in fiber, rich in protein, best suitable grain for diabetic patients. Apart from all these, it has high levels of nutritional value, calcium and iron. Who would not try and stick to recipes with such a grain suitable for all diets??
This is an Instant Dosa / Crepe recipe, which requires just 2 main ingredients to make them quickly yet remarkably filling and tasty.
I made them for dinner during these holidays. And we all thoroughly devoured them with just the spicy chutney as a condiment. Definitely, give a try and do let me know!! 🙂
Before starting to cook, don’t forget to see the Tips which I mentioned at the end.
Recipe for Chutney in the pic⇒ Coconut Spicy Red Chutney
My Chutney Collection here⇒ Chutney / Pachchadi / Dip
My Breakfast Recipes Collection here⇒ Breakfast / Tiffin
- Tri-Dal Uthappam / Tri-Lentil Savoury Pancakes (No Grain) (Keto)
- Oil Free – Healthy Dosa / Without Oil Dosa
- Weight Loss Food / Low Carb Recipes
- Jonna Pindi / Jowar / Sorgham Flour – 1 cup
- Biyyappindi / Rice Flour – 1 cup
- Water – 4 to 5 cups
- Jeera / Cumin Seeds – 2 teaspoons
- Coriander – 5 to 6 strands
- Salt – as per taste
- Green Chillies – 5
- Onions – 3 small
- Cooking Oil – as required
- Green Chillies
- Cumin Seeds
- Finely chop the onions, green chillies and coriander leaves.
- In a wide, suitable mixing bowl take the jonna / jowar / sorgham flour and rice flour along with salt.Rice flour on the left, Jonna / Jowar / Sorgham flour on the right
- Add the water slowly and using hands / fork / whisker, gently mix the flours with water.
- Tranfer the jeera / cumin seeds and chopped green chillies, onions and coriander leaves into the bowl.Jeera / Cumin Seeds, Chopped Green chillies, Onions and Coriander Leaves added to the flour batter
- Mix up everything again, the dosa / crepe batter is ready.
- Put a dosa griddle / crepe pan on stovetop under high flame.
- Sprinkle some water over the pan and wipe it off with a sliced onion or rolled kitchen towel.
- Mix the batter again, then using a ladle slowly pour the batter onto the pan.Dosa / Crepe batter gently poured onto the very hot dosa / crepe pan
- Drizzle ¼ to ½ teaspoon of oil all throughout and in the middle of the dosa.
- Leave it for about 3-4 mins.Dosa / Crepe flipped over the other side
- Using a spatula gently turn the dosa/crepe to the other side.
- Leave it for about 2 more mins, till it has turned crispy (as desired).
- Then take the dosa / crepe onto a serving plate.
- Repeat the same for the rest of the batter. Done!!Jonna Attu / Jowar Dosa / Sorgham Crepe served with Spicy Chutney as a condiment
- The above measurements makes 20 dosa / crepe approximately.
- Adjust the salt & spice as per your taste.
- Mix the batter thoroughly, for every dosa/crepe before pouring the batter onto the pan.
- These attu / dosa/ crepes were as thin as paper in texture.
- Combination of these simple dosa and spicy chutney was really aweome.
- These can be had as it is, even without any condiment.
- Recipe for Chutney in the pic⇒ Coconut Spicy Red ChutneyJowar Dosa / Sorgham Crepe served with Coconut Spicy Red Chutney
You can Pinit here for later, Pinterest link:
Do leave a comment or hit the like or follow button, just in case you like my recipe!
You can explore my other recipes by clicking the Recipe Category