Recipe Cooked, Photographed and Written by Praveena
PrepTime:10 min CookTime:10 min Cuisine: Indian
Recipe Card ⇓ Shop ⇓
Wraps are very easy and quick to make. And are perfectly suitable for a meal, travel, lunch box and as a snack too. You can make ‘N’ number of variations to what is going to be in your wrap. Here, I added green curry, making it an Indian version of a wrap.
I packed this wrap for my kids lunch box and they loved it. Try this and see!
Table of Contents:
- How to serve/use, ‘Curried Green Wraps / Indian Curry Wraps’:
- Possible alterations for the recipe, ‘Curried Green Wraps / Indian Curry Wrap’:
- Other recipes from my blog:
- Step Wise Pics Procedure for ‘Curried Green Wraps / Indian Curry Wrap’:
- To Boil the Vegetables:
- Coating Veggies with Spices:
- Air frying the Curried Vegetables:
- Adding the filling and folding to Wraps:
- Tips & Storage:
- Ingredients, Accessories on ‘AMAZON’ to ‘SHOP’:
- Recipe Card & Print:
How to serve/use, ‘Curried Green Wraps / Indian Curry Wraps’:
These wraps are so easy and quick to make that suit for light breakfast (or) for quick dinners.
Just get the sweet potatoes cubed, broccoli florets ready well before. Then you are ready to make the wraps instantly only by spreading the sauce and wrapping the tortillas.
These can be eaten as it is, or else to make a complete meal you might accompany them with any of these:
- Bulgar Wheat / Dalia Pulao (Instant Pot, Stove Top)
- Couscous Upma / Savoury Meal
- Potato Wedges with Rosemary (Air-Fryer & Oven)
- Black Eyed Beans and Basil Salad
- Green Mung (Sprouts) Rainbow Salad
- Radish-Lentil Salad / Kosambari
Possible alterations for the recipe, ‘Air Fryer Roasted Curried Green Wraps / Indian Curry Wraps’:
The Mango sauce I have used is very simple, no cook one. And the recipe for Mango Sweet and Sour Dip / Sauce⇒⇒ Mango Sweet and Sour Dip (Oil free)
I have given below, both the options for boiling the sweet potato, broccoli and for frying sweet potato, broccoli. But its fine to opt for only one of those options. Like, you might skip air frying but just boil and use them.
Vegan options: Here the only dairy product used is, the sour cream. So, the best vegan option for it would be, coconut cream (or) vegan sour cream (or) plant based thick yogurt.
Pan frying the vegetables: I have shown below how to air fry the sweet potatoes and broccoli florets. But, you can even pan fry the sweet potato cubes and broccoli florets, with just 2 tablespoons of oil, by gently turning them around. For, air fryer method there’s no need of baby sitting.
Adding Cheese: You can add the cheese over the tortilla, only if you wish to have the wrap right away. I do not prefer it for lunch boxes/travel , it might become gooey.
Alternative to sour cream: These below dips can be used as a spread in the wraps:
- Carrot Raita / Carrot – Yogurt Dip
- Guacamole (Plant Based, Oil Free Dip)
- Pudina Raita / Mint Yogurt Dip
Other recipes from my blog:
Before starting to cook this recipe , see the Tips mentioned at the end.
Semi dry curries recipes⇒ Curry / Koora / Stir Fry
Sauce / Dip / Chutney recipes collection⇒ Chutney / Pachchadi / Dip
Lunch Boxes collection for my kids⇒ Lunch Box
- Whole Wheat Tortillas / Indian Chapatis – 2
- Green Capsicum / Bell Pepper – ½ of a large (chopped)
- Sweet Potato Cubes – 2 cups (uncooked)
- Broccoli florets – 2 cups (uncooked)
- Collard Greens / Green Savoy Cabbage – 2 leaves
- Coriander Leaves (finely chopped) – 1 tablespoon
- Spring Onion / Scallion Greens – 1 handful
- Sour Cream – 4 tablespoons
- Mango Sweet and Sour Dip (Oil free) – 4 tablespoons
- Garam Masala Powder – 1 tablespoon
- Red Chilli Flakes – 1 teaspoon
- Salt – as per taste
- Chaat Masala Powder / Curry Powder – 1 tablespoon
- Sour Cream
- Garam Masala Powder
- Curry Powder
Step Wise Pics Procedure for ‘Curried Green Wraps / Air Fryer Indian Curry Wrap’:
To Boil the Vegetables:
Coating Veggies with Spices:
Air frying the Curried Vegetables:
Adding the filling and folding to Wraps:
Tips & Storage:
- I have used store bought, Wholemeal Tortillas for this recipe.
- Adjust the salt & spice as per your taste.
- Recipe for the Green Mango Dip / Sauce seen in the pic above is⇒ Mango Sweet and Sour Dip (Oil free)
- The Mango sauce recipe is oil free. But for this wrap I added oil while making the sauce. And I have used raw green mango.
- Storage: Further wrap them with cling film, put them in an air tight container and store it in fridge.
- They stay good up to couple of days. But be aware that they might turn a bit soggy too.
- At room temperature these wraps stay good for a day.
- These, Curried Green Wrap / Indian Curry Wraps, were very apt to satisfy the tummy’s little hunger, either for morning breakfast (or) as part of main course meal (or) for quick dinners.
- The sweetness from the sweet potato, crunch from the par fried broccoli florets, green bell peppers. And the sourness from the sour cream and mango dipping sauce, made this an all rounder in taste.
Ingredients, Accessories on ‘AMAZON’ to ‘SHOP’:
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Recipe Card & Print:
Curried Green Wraps / Indian Curry Wraps
- Sauce Pan / Vessel (for boiling the veggies)
- Wide Mixing Bowl (to coat the veggies with spices)
- Frying pan (for stove-top method) (to pan fry the veggies)
- Air-Fryer for air-fryer method (to air fry the veggies)
- 2 count Whole Wheat Tortillas / Indian Chapatis
- ½ of a large Green Capsicum / Bell Pepper (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons Sour Cream
- 1 teaspoon Red Chilli Flakes
- 2 cups Sweet Potato Cubes (uncooked)
- 2 cups Broccoli florets (uncooked)
- 2 leaves Collard Greens / Green Savoy Cabbage
- 1 tablespoon Coriander / Cilantro Leaves (finely chopped)
- 1 handful Spring Onion Greens / Scallion Greens
- 1 tablespoon Garam Masala Powder
- as per taste Salt
- 1 tablespoon Chaat Masala Powder / Curry Powder
TO BOIL THE VEGETABLES:
- Pour water into a sauce pan, add a teaspoon of salt, put it on stove top under high flame. Add all the sweet potato cubes. After 5 mins, add all the broccoli florets as well.Let them boil for 10 mins. Later switch the flame off, strain the water.
COATING VEGGIES WITH SPICES:
- Take the par boiled sweet potato cubes and broccoli florets into a mixing bowl. Add all these>> garam masala powder, salt, dry red chilli flakes, chaat masala powder. Then gently toss such that the veggies are well coated.
AIR FRY / PAN FRY THE VEGETABLES:
- Spray the Air Fryer base with oil. Place all the coated veggies on to the air fryer mesh. Give an oil spray. Air Fry them for 10 mins, under 200C / 390F.
ADDING THE FILLING & FOLDING INTO WRAPS:
- Take a tortilla, spread 2 tablespoons of sour cream throughout. Sprinkle a pinch of dry red chilli flakes.
- Place a large collard green, on the sour cream. Gently drop a tablespoon of each of these>> green capsicum pieces, green parts of scallion/spring onion, curried sweet potato cubes, curried broccoli florets. Sprinkle the chopped coriander over.Pour a tablespoon of Mango Sweet and Sour Sauce over the veggies.
- Roll the tortilla till the other end, slowly being careful that the veggies do not fall apart. Using a knife, cut the wrap at the centre, to get two small wraps. Serve, Done!!
You can Pin it here for later, Pinterest Link
Do leave a comment or hit the like or follow button, just in case you like my recipe!
You can find my other recipes by clicking the Recipe Category