Recipe Cooked, Photographed and Written by Praveena
PrepTime:5 mins MakeTime:5 mins Cuisine: English
Wraps! I make such wraps at least once in 10 days, mainly for my kids lunch box. Just sharing one of the many variety of wraps that I make. Actually, for me, its a very quick & easy task to make these wraps. What I generally do is, to make the patties well before, fry them & store in freezer in an air tight container. So, making the spread & wrapping everything just for the meal time, is just a breeze.
What is a burrito wrap:
Burrito is a dish in Mexican cuisine, consisting of flour tortilla, filled with beans, a spread and other toppings, then wrapped into a closed cylinder and served with a dip.
Things to plan for ‘Vegan Bean Burrito Burger Wraps’:
Follow these, so that you don’t feel making the wraps as a prolonged process.
- Get the beans soaked & cooked, well before. You can store them in freezer. Or else you can use canned beans.
- Make the bean patties in advance, either previous day or few hours before. Freeze them. Just before use, take them out, fry for 1 min on both sides, in an air-fryer (or) on stove-top.
- Even the avocado spread is storage friendly, stays perfect in fridge when transferred to an air tight container.
Suitable bean patty recipes from my blog:
I already have 3 different patty / nuggets recipes made with 3 different beans, on my blog. You might use any of these, for this burrito wrap.
- Chickpea Burger Patties (Instant Pot, Air Fryer & Stove top)
- Red Kidney Beans Nuggets (Air fryer, Stove top, Oven)
- Black-eyed beans Nuggets (Air-Fryer & Stove-top)
Bean Patty & Spread used in this recipe:
I have used air fryer method of this recipe>>> Chickpea Burger Patties (Air Fryer & Stove top)
The green coloured spread, is >>> Avocado & Spinach Spread (Oil Free)
Both of these are oil-free recipes, hence I consider the entire wraps as a plant based, oil free meal. Making this a Whole Foods compliant.
You might use Gluten free Tortillas available in the market, to make this recipe, entirely gluten free.
Before starting to cook, don’t forget to see the Tips mentioned at the end.
Instant Pot recipes collection⇒ Electric Pressure Cooker Recipes / Instant Pot recipes
Salad recipes collection⇒ Salads & Soups
Starter recipes collection⇒ Starters / Snacks
- Salad & Vegan Wraps with Red Beans (Instant Pot, Stove top)
- Lettuce Wraps with Low Calories Sweet Corn Salad
- Cucumber Salad & Lettuce Wraps
- Spinach & Corn Tacos with Guacamole
- Avocado – Mango Salsa & Tacos ( No Oil)
Follow me on⇒ Facebook / Pinterest / YouTube / Instagram
Ingredients: (makes 8)
- Tortillas – 4 (large size)
- Yellow Capsicum / Bell Pepper – 1
- Green Capsicum / Bell Pepper – 1
- Red Capsicum / Bell Pepper – 1
- Fresh Coriander Leaves – 2 tablespoons (chopped)
- Dry Red Chilli Flakes – 1 tablespoon
- Salad Onion / Red Onion – 1 (large size)
- Fresh Lettuce – half a head
- Salt – as per taste
- Bean Patties – 8
- Avocado Spread – 1 cup / 250 ml
- Dry Red Chilli Flakes
Step wise pics Procedure for ‘Vegan Bean Burrito Burger Wraps’:
- Make the bean patties and avocado spread, ready for use.
- Gather all the ingredients, for filling the wraps, at one place.
- Cut the onions, bell peppers / capsicum, coriander, lettuce into desired shape & small size.
- The prep time and make time given, are meant only if the patties and the spread are readily available. If not, the prep time would be 30 mins more.
- Adjust the salt and spice as per your taste.
- I did not use Oil in this recipe, hence gave it as an optional ingredient.
- Instead of bell peppers, you might use any other vegetables like, grated carrot, zucchini (courgette), pink radish.
- These wraps are not suitable for storage, they become soggy after 4 or 5 hrs.
- Wrap them tightly with cling film, put it in an air-tight container and store it in a cool place.
- These, Vegan Bean Burrito Burger Wraps, on the whole were very filling & contended.
- And the bean patty is the main filling content in the burrito wrap, so don’t try to skip it.
- Not to forget, the avocado spread, it forms the main flavour & creamy texture to the wraps.
- The burrito wraps were very attractive for kids and were very handy to hold.
Ingredients, Accessories on ‘AMAZON’ to ‘SHOP’:
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Vegan Bean Burrito Burger Wraps
- 4 count Tortillas (large size)
- 1 count Yellow Capsicum / Bell Pepper
- 1 count Green Capsicum / Bell Pepper
- 1 count Red Capsicum / Bell Pepper
- 2 tablespoons Fresh Coriander Leaves (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon Dry Red Chilli Flakes (or as per taste)
- 1 count Salad Onion / Red Onion (large size)
- ½ head Fresh Lettuce
- as per taste Salt
- 8 count Bean Patties
- 1 cup / 250ml Avocado Spread
- Gather all the ingredients, for filling the wraps, at one place. Cut the onions, bell peppers / capsicum, coriander, lettuce into desired shape & small size.Make the bean patties and avocado spread, ready for use.
- Take each tortilla, add 2 teaspoons of avocado spread. Spread it throughout the tortilla. Add the seasonings like salt & dry chilli flakes. Gently, drop the lettuce throughout the tortilla.
- Next, place the bean patties at the centre. Add the chopped onions, bell pepper juliennes, chopped coriander leaves around them. (at least 1 large patty (or) 2 small patties would be enough)
- Roll the tortilla from both the sides and wrap the patty tightly. The final wrap should look like a cylinder. Using a sharp knife cut each burrito wrap diagonally at the centre.
You can Pin it here for later, Pinterest link:
Do leave a comment or hit the like or follow button, just in case you like my recipe!
You can explore my other recipes by clicking the Recipe Category