Recipe Cooked, Photographed and Written by Praveena
PrepTime:2 min MakeTime:1 min Cuisine:Indian
Recipe Card ⇓ Shop ⇓
Raita, is an Indian version of yogurt dip. It can be made with many variations by adding different veggies & spices either raw or cooked.
Carrot Raita is the easiest of all the raitas I could think of at any moment. Just grate, add and mix…its that easy which is ready in maximum of 2 mins.
Table of Contents:
- How to serve, ‘Carrot Raita / Carrot – Yogurt Dip’:
- Other recipes from my blog:
- Step Wise Pics Procedure for ‘Carrot Raita / Carrot Yogurt Dip’:
- Ingredients, Accessories on ‘AMAZON’ to ‘SHOP’:
- Recipe Card & Print:
How to serve, ‘Carrot Raita / Carrot – Yogurt Dip’:
In Indian cuisine, any raita is generally served as a must & should accompaniment with biryani, pulao, flavoured rice dishes.
As shown in the picture below this dip is absolutely great with potato chips, fritters, nuggets too.
It goes perfectly well as a spread for any style of burger and sandwich.
Other recipes from my blog:
Before starting to cook, don’t forget to see the Tips mentioned at the end.
Other Dip recipes here⇒ Chutney / Pachadi / Dip
Air Fryer recipes collection⇒ Air Fryer Recipes
Related Posts with ‘CARROT’:
- Carrot-Rava Laddoo / Carrot-Semolina Sweet Balls
- Carrots & Oats Smoothie (No Sweetener)
- Broccoli – Carrot Stir Fry
- Carrot-Coconut Laddoo / Sweet Treats
- Cauliflower, Carrots & Peas Stir Fry
- Carrot Green Peas Fry (South Indian Recipe)
- Homemade Thick Curd / Plain Yogurt – 1 cup
- Grated Carrot– ½ cup
- Salt – ½ teaspoon
- Red Chilli flakes – ½ teaspoon
- Fresh Coriander Leaves – a handful
- Homemade Thick Curd / Greek Yogurt
Step Wise Pics Procedure for ‘Carrot Raita / Carrot Yogurt Dip’:
- If you are a vegan, you can use any vegan yogurt (or) curd.
- I have used homemade thick curd but Greek yogurt if not plain yogurt can also be used.
- Adjust the salt & spice as per your taste.
- Ground black pepper can be used instead of dry red chilli flakes.
- Along with grated carrot, a ¼ cup of finely chopped cucumber can also be added.
- Storage: You can store it in the refrigerator and serve chilled.
- The storage time for this raita is same as that of the curd / yogurt used.
- This, Carrot Raita / Carrot Yogurt Dip, turned out very creamy as we have used thick curds.
- As shown in the pic below, we had this raita paired up with Potato Chips. Just look at this lovely pair.
- It actually enhanced the taste of the chips.
Ingredients, Accessories on ‘AMAZON’ to ‘SHOP’:
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Recipe Card & Print:
Carrot Raita / Carrot – Yogurt Dip
- Small mixing bowl
- 1 cup Homemade Thick Curd / Plain Yogurt
- ½ cup Grated Carrot (heaped)
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Red Chilli flakes
- a handful Fresh Coriander Leaves
- Take the curd / yogurt into a mixing bowl. Add the grated carrot, chopped coriander leaves (leave a teaspoon aside for garnishing). Add the chilli flakes and salt too.
- Give everything a thorough mix so that the salt and chilli flakes blends well to the yogurt. Garnish it with the teaspoon of chopped coriander that we left aside. Done!!
You can Pin it here using Pinterest Link :
Do leave a comment or hit the like or follow button, just in case you like my recipe!
You can explore my other recipes by clicking the Recipe Category