Recipe Cooked, Photographed and Written by Praveena
PrepTime:2 min CookTime:15mins Cuisine:Indian
This is one quick and easiest dessert recipe which can be made even by a beginner. It requires just 6 ingredients, which are easily available in any kitchen. Might be the cocoa powder is one rare one among all other ingredients. But these days, its very much seen in any other house.
This is NOT Gluten free recipe. But the taste, the fudge gives is much more worthier than the effort put into its making.
Next time, do try this , when you have sudden guests at home or for a potluck or gathering, this is for sure going to be a HIT!!
Things to remember about this recipe:
- Vegan Condensed Milk tins are already available in any super market, hence this recipe is suitable for Vegans too.
- The butter need not be at room temperature (or) need not be melted too. But if you use the butter which is already at room temperature,the time for making the fudge reduces.
- Instead of transfering the fudge mix on to a greased plate, I felt it would be better to transfer onto a wooden board. Just for the ease of cutting into pieces.
- You might even put the plate in the freezer for the fudge mix to cool down quicker.
- Using a pizza cutter rather than a knife, makes cutting easier.
- Once you cut the fudge mix into squares, using a small knife slightly shave the edges for fine looking outcome just as in the above pic.
- So, whole of the recipe from cooking, cooling to cutting takes approximately 30 mins.
- These fudge squares are fabulous for gifting, they can be packed individually as shown, and even be wrapped with the same baking paper.
Before starting to cook, don’t forget to see the Tips mentioned at the end.
My desserts/sweets recipes collection here⇒ Desserts / Mithayi
My Snacks recipes collection here⇒ Starters / Snacks
Salad recipes collection here⇒ Salads & Soups
- Dry Fruits Burfi / Fudge
- Eggless Healthy Dry Fruits & Nuts Cake
- After School / Lunch Box Sweet Treats
- Condensed Milk – 1 tin (400 gms)
- Walnut / Acroot – ¼ cup (chopped)
- Powdered Sugar – ½ cup
- Butter – 100 gms
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder – ¼ cup (40 gms)
- Plain Flour / Maida – 2 tablespoons
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
Step wise pics Procedure for ‘Chocolate -walnut fudge / burfi’:
- Grease a plate and keep it ready.
- Get all the ingredients at one place.
- After adding all the ingredients, dont do any multi-tasking just keep stirring continuously but gently.
- You can use any other nuts in the place of walnuts.
- After transferring the content onto the greased plate, you can put it in the fridge / freezer for about 10-15 mins, so that it cools down sooner.
- Store the, chocolate walnut fudge / burfi in an air-tight container, in a cool dry place.
- Or else you can even store them in the fridge / freezer, but you’ll have to thaw them for 5 mins before you serve.
- This, chocolate walnut fudge / burfi, is very gooey in texture and of course chocolatey in flavour.
- The chopped walnuts brought a nutty feeling to every bite.
- It’s definitely the best & most attractive of all the fudges which I prepared till date.
- They made a perfect combination with a cup of hot tea or with plain milk for kids.
Ingredients, Accessories on ‘AMAZON’ to ‘SHOP’:
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Chocolate – Walnut Fudge / Burfi
- Frying pan (for stove-top method)
- 1 tin Condensed Milk (400 gms)
- ¼ cup Walnut / Acroot (chopped)
- ½ cup Powdered Sugar
- 100 gms Butter
- ¼ cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder (40 gms)
- 2 tablespoons Plain Flour / Maida
- Grease a plate and keep it ready.Get all the ingredients at one place.
- Put a medium size sauce pan / frying pan on stove top. Do NOT switch the flame yet.Add the condensed milk, sugar, butter, unsweetened cocoa powder and plain flour / maida into the same pan.
- Switch the stove on, put it under medium flame.Keep stirring gently and continuously, until the content thickens and leaves the sides of the pan.
- When the content thickens a bit add half of the chopped walnuts.Keep stirring until the bubbles pop up.
- Switch the flame off and transfer the content in the pan onto the greased plate.Garnish with the remaining chopped walnuts.
- When it cools down to warm level, mark it into desired shape using a sharp knife.Let it cool down completely , then cut them carefully and serve. Done!!
You can Pin it here for later, Pinterest link:
Do leave a comment or hit the like or follow button, just in case you like my recipe!
You can find my other recipes by clicking the Recipe Category