Recipe Baked, Photographed and Written by Praveena
PrepTime:2min CookTime:25mins Cuisine:English
Today, the 27th of December is my Blog’s/website’s FIRST ANNIVERSARY!! 🙂 Marking this most meaningful and memorable day, sharing this sweet, easy and very few ingredients, vanilla fudge / instant palakova dessert recipe!! Sincerely, thanking each & everyone, and hope you all wish me luck and encourage me for more!
Well, before all this had started, I was very much busy and completely occupied with my 3 kids, the never ending household chores and stuff. Considering all those, for me, its truly unbelievable, that I could make 150 recipe posts, with so many loyal members not only in my website but also in the social media.
More than me, my family is completely overwhelmed with joy about my tiny achievement! I am extremely happy, that I could manage all this without neglecting them & my duties! 🙂
In the coming new year, I wish to do more posts, gain more followers, more readers, more achievements, and more applause!!
Before starting to cook, don’t forget to see the Tips mentioned in the end.
My Dessert recipes Collection here⇒ Desserts / Mithayi
Fudge recipes collection here⇒ Indian Burfi / Fudge Recipes
- After School / Lunch Box Sweet Treats
- Fusion Dessert – Fruit Custard & Halwa/Pudding
- Chocolate – Walnut Fudge / Burfi
- Powdered Sugar – 400 gms
- Unsalted Butter – 100 gms
- Sweetened Condensed Milk – 400 gms
- Vanilla Essence – 1 teaspoon (optional)
- Powdered Sugar
Step wise pics Procedure for Vanilla Fudge / Instant Palakova:
- Have a greased tray (with butter) and a bowl of cold water, keep them nearby.
- Take a heavy bottomed, thick and deep vessel or sauce pan.
- Add the butter, sugar and condensed milk.
- Put the pan on stovetop under medium to high flame.
- Keep stirring continuously, until the bubbles popup. This might take 15-20 mins.
- Change the flame to low, drop ¼ teaspoon of the fudge into the cold water.
- Check if you can roll it into a ball, if yes switch the flameoff and let the mixture cool for 5 mins..
- If not continue to stir on stovetop till the water test is cleared.
- Using a hand blender or whisker, whisk the content for about 2-3 mins until it solidifies more.
- Transfer the content into greased tray, do the markings as per your desired pattern.
- Put the tray in freezer for about 2-3 hrs to set.
- Take it out, cut it into pieces and store / serve. Done!!
Step wise picture recipe:
Butter, Condensed Milk and Powdered Sugar added to the sauce pan on stove top under medium-high flame.
Consistency reached after 5 mins of continuous stirring.
Bubbles form after 20 mins of continuous stirring.
Drop a quarter teaspoon of the fudge into cold water and check if it forms a ball when you roll it up.
Let the content cool for 5 mins, then whisk up everything for 2-3 mins, until it thickens.
Transfer the content into a greased tray, mark it in desired shape and put it in freezer for 2-3 hrs for the fudge to set.
Take it out and cut the pieces and serve / store.
- Sweetened condensed milk already has vanilla essence, in it. So, I skipped adding. You can add it along with other ingredients.
- Keep stirring continuously until the consistency passes the water test.
- Store it in an air-tight container and put it in fridge.
- This, vanilla fudge / instant palakova, stays good for upto 4-5 months.
- The taste, its soo soo heavenly to eat and it just melts in your mouth.
- And I bet you, no one can eat just one piece of this, vanilla fudge / instant palakova.
- Its going to be a sure hit if you can make this for any party / gathering / potluck.
You can Pinit here for later use :
Do leave a comment or hit the like or follow button, just in case you like my recipe!
You can find my other recipes by clicking the Recipe Category