Recipe Cooked, Photographed and Written by Praveena
PrepTime:2 mins CookTime:30 mins Cuisine:Indian
Recipe Card ⇓ Shop ⇓
7 Cups Burfi / Fudge… 🙂 Today I’m pleased to share this Indian style easy fudge / burfi recipe which I learnt probably 10 years ago (don’t exactly remember)!! Its my first dessert recipe that I learnt, other than the traditional one’s that I learnt from my Mother.
Made these for the upcoming Deepavali festival (Indian festival of lights) over this weekend!! One more sweet treat to devour in the traditional Deepavali thali. Want to see my last year’s Diwali delicacies? Just click this link⇒ Deepavali Visesha Nayivedyam / Diwali Festive Delicacies
I have already shared many fudge / burfi recipes previously under dessert / sweets collection.
I have to mention this, the plating and platter decoration is done by my younger darling daughter (of course the sweets are made by me)!! She is my little girl friend!! 🙂 🙂 And did u notice, the mirror work item, in the background…. that’s by my elder daughter. Hope you liked it! 🙂
Before starting to cook, don’t forget to see the Tips mentioned at the end.
Dessert / Sweet recipes collection here⇒ Desserts / Mithayi
Starter / Appetiser recipes collection⇒ Starters / Snacks
Air-Fryer recipes collection⇒ Air-Fryer Recipes
Festive spread / platters collection⇒ Vindhu Bhojanam / Festive Lunch
- Oats & Badam Burfi / Oats & Almond Fudge
- Vanilla Fudge / Instant Palakova
- Mango Kalakand Burfi / Fudge
FULL VIDEO FROM MY YOU TUBE CHANNEL:
- Besan / Chickpea flour / Gram flour / Senaga pindi – 1 cup
- Ghee / Butter – 1 cup
- Fresh Grated Coconut / Desiccated Coconut – 1 cup
- Sugar – 3 cups
- Whole Milk or Vegan Milk – 1 cup
- Elaichi / Cardamom Powder – 1 teaspoon
- Chopped Almonds / Badam – 3 tablespoons
- Elaichi / Cardamom Powder
- Chopped Almonds / Badam
Step wise pics Procedure for ‘7 cups burfi / fudge’:
- Firstly, grease a wide plate / tray with ghee / butter.
- Sprinkle half of the chopped almonds throughout the plate. Set it aside.
- Vegan substitute for ghee is vegan butter and for milk is coconut milk / almond milk.
- I have used unrefined cane sugar, hence the colour of the burfi is a bit dark in colour. If you use white sugar the burfi would be lighter in colour.
- Addition of nuts is completely optional.
- Throughout the cooking, keep the flame at LOW only, if not there are bright chances of the content to burn.
- Be very careful that the content doesn’t stick to the bottom & burn.
- Be aware, that if burnt the smell cannot be avoided.
- When the bubbles start popping, they might spill the batter, keep an eye.
- Once you cut the pieces, trim the edges for a smooth finish.
- Storage: Store the fudge / burfi pieces in an air-tight container.
- These stay fresh up to 3 weeks at room temperature and up to 2-3 months when stored in fridge.
- After taking out of fridge, thaw them for 10-15 mins, before serving
- These, 7 Cups Burfi / Fudge, are soft in texture & nutty because of the loads of almonds which we added.
- You can taste the mixed ingredients in every bite.
Ingredients, Accessories on ‘AMAZON’ to ‘SHOP’:
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
7 Cups Burfi / Fudge
- Sauce Pan / Vessel (for stove-top method)
- 1 cup Besan / Chickpea flour / Gram flour / Senaga pindi
- 1 cup Ghee / Butter (or Vegan butter)
- 1 cup Fresh Grated Coconut / Desiccated Coconut
- 3 cups Sugar
- 1 cup Whole Milk (or Vegan Milk)
- 1 teaspoon Elaichi / Cardamom Powder
- 3 tablespoons Chopped Almonds / Badam
- Firstly, grease a wide plate / tray with ghee / butter.Sprinkle half of the chopped almonds throughout the plate. Set it aside.
- Put a thick bottomed vessel on stove top under LOW flame.
- Add all of the ghee / butter, when it melts add all the besan / chick pea flour / gram flour. Whisk thoroughly such that there are NO LUMPS.
- Now, add all the rest of the ingredients (except the chopped almonds / badam)Keep stirring continuously, DO NOT STOP.
- Bubbles start forming, after 20 mins of stirring. Continue stirring.
- After 5 more mins, the content leaves the sides of the pan, forms one complete mass.At this stage, transfer the whole content of the pan, onto the greased tray.
- Sprinkle the chopped almonds over and gently press with the back of a spoon / ladle such that they stick to the burfi.
- Using a sharp knife, make the markings of desired shape. Leave it to set, for at least 20 mins. Cut into pieces, store them in an air-tight container. Done!!
You can Pin it here for later, Pinterest link:
Do leave a comment or hit the like or follow button, just in case you like my recipe!
You can explore my other recipes by clicking the Recipe Category