Recipe Cooked, Photographed and Written by Praveena
PrepTime:2 mins CookTime:30 mins Cuisine:Indian
Recipe Card ⇓ Shop ⇓
7 Cups Burfi / Fudge… 🙂 Today I’m pleased to share this Indian style easy fudge / burfi recipe which I learnt probably 10 years ago (don’t exactly remember)!!
Its my first dessert recipe that I learnt, other than the traditional one’s that I learnt from my Mother.
Made these for the upcoming Deepavali festival (Indian festival of lights) over this weekend!! One more sweet treat to devour in the traditional Deepavali thali.
I have to mention this, the plating and platter decoration is done by my younger darling daughter (of course the sweets are made by me)!! She is my little girl friend!! 🙂 🙂
And did u notice, the mirror work item, in the background…. that’s by my elder daughter. Hope you liked it! 🙂
Table of Contents:
- Possible Alterations for the recipe, ‘7 cups burfi / 7 cups sweet fudge’:
- Other recipes from my blog:
- Full Video of ‘7 Cups Burfi / 7 cups Fudge Cake’:
- Step wise pics Procedure for ‘7 cups burfi / fudge’:
- Prep Work:
- Ingredients, Accessories on ‘AMAZON’ to ‘SHOP’:
- Recipe Card & Print:
Possible Alterations for the recipe, ‘7 cups burfi / 7 cups sweet fudge’:
Vegan substitute for ghee is vegan butter and for milk is coconut milk / almond milk.
I have used unrefined cane sugar, hence the colour of the burfi is a bit dark in colour. If you use white sugar the burfi would be lighter in colour.
Addition of nuts is completely optional.
Other recipes from my blog:
Before starting to cook, don’t forget to see the Tips mentioned at the end.
Want to see my last year’s Diwali delicacies? link⇒ Deepavali Visesha Nayivedyam / Diwali Festive Delicacies
Dessert / Sweet recipes collection here⇒ Desserts / Mithayi
Starter / Appetiser recipes collection⇒ Starters / Snacks
Air-Fryer recipes collection⇒ Air-Fryer Recipes
Festive spread / platters collection⇒ Vindhu Bhojanam / Festive Lunch
- Oats & Badam Burfi / Oats & Almond Fudge
- Vanilla Fudge / Instant Palakova
- Mango Kalakand Burfi / Fudge
Full Video of ‘7 Cups Burfi / 7 cups Fudge Cake’:
- Besan / Chickpea flour / Gram flour / Senaga pindi – 1 cup
- Ghee / Butter – 1 cup
- Fresh Grated Coconut / Desiccated Coconut – 1 cup
- Sugar – 3 cups
- Whole Milk or Vegan Milk – 1 cup
- Elaichi / Cardamom Powder – 1 teaspoon
- Chopped Almonds / Badam – 3 tablespoons
- Elaichi / Cardamom Powder
- Chopped Almonds / Badam
Step wise pics Procedure for ‘7 cups burfi / fudge’:
Firstly, grease a wide plate / tray with ghee / butter.
Sprinkle half of the chopped almonds throughout the plate. Set it aside.
- Throughout the cooking, keep the flame at LOW only, if not there are bright chances of the content to burn.
- Be very careful that the content doesn’t stick to the bottom & burn.
- Be aware, that if burnt the smell cannot be avoided.
- When the bubbles start popping, they might spill the batter, keep an eye.
- Once you cut the pieces, trim the edges for a smooth finish.
- Storage: Store the fudge / burfi pieces in an air-tight container.
- These stay fresh up to 3 weeks at room temperature and up to 2-3 months when stored in fridge.
- After taking out of fridge, thaw them for 10-15 mins, before serving
- These, 7 Cups Burfi / Fudge, are soft in texture & nutty because of the loads of almonds which we added.
- You can taste the mixed ingredients in every bite.
Ingredients, Accessories on ‘AMAZON’ to ‘SHOP’:
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Recipe Card & Print:
7 Cups Burfi / 7 cups Gluten free Fudge
- Sauce Pan / Vessel (for stove-top method)
- 1 cup Besan / Chickpea flour / Gram flour / Senaga pindi
- 1 cup Ghee / Butter (or Vegan butter)
- 1 cup Fresh Grated Coconut / Desiccated Coconut
- 3 cups Sugar
- 1 cup Whole Milk (or Vegan Milk)
- 1 teaspoon Elaichi / Cardamom Powder
- 3 tablespoons Chopped Almonds / Badam
- Firstly, grease a wide plate / tray with ghee / butter.Sprinkle half of the chopped almonds throughout the plate. Set it aside.
- Put a thick bottomed vessel on stove top under LOW flame.
- Add all of the ghee / butter, when it melts add all the besan / chick pea flour / gram flour. Whisk thoroughly such that there are NO LUMPS.
- Now, add all the rest of the ingredients (except the chopped almonds / badam)Keep stirring continuously, DO NOT STOP.
- Bubbles start forming, after 20 mins of stirring. Continue stirring.
- After 5 more mins, the content leaves the sides of the pan, forms one complete mass.At this stage, transfer the whole content of the pan, onto the greased tray.
- Sprinkle the chopped almonds over and gently press with the back of a spoon / ladle such that they stick to the burfi.
- Using a sharp knife, make the markings of desired shape. Leave it to set, for at least 20 mins. Cut into pieces, store them in an air-tight container. Done!!
You can Pin it here for later, Pinterest link:
Do leave a comment or hit the like or follow button, just in case you like my recipe!
You can explore my other recipes by clicking the Recipe Category