Recipe Cooked, Photographed and Written by Praveena
PrepTime:10 mins CookTime:10 mins Cuisine: Indian
Recipe Card ⇓ Shop ⇓
Indian Masala Peanut Salad, is a North Indian street food inspired chaat, where, in each spoon you’ll experience the satisfying crunch of peanuts, the burst of freshness from colourful vegetables, and the zing of zesty masala.
Get ready to embark on a culinary journey where bold spices, tangy spices and crunchy peanuts come together in a symphony of taste and texture.
Whether you’re seeking a quick snack, an appetizer to impress your guests, or a tantalizing addition to your chaat repertoire, this Indian-style Masala Peanut Chaat will transport your taste buds to the bustling streets of India.
So, grab a plate, get ready to savour this Indian style Boiled Masala Peanut Salad after trying my recipe.
Table of Contents:
- Health Benefits of ‘Indian style Boiled Peanut Spicy Salad’:
- Other recipes from my blog:
- Step Wise pics Procedure for ‘Peanut Chaat (Indian Spicy Peanut Salad)’:
- Prep Work:
- Gathering the Ingredients:
- Making the Spicy Peanut Chaat:
- Ingredients, Accessories on ‘AMAZON’ to SHOP’:
- Recipe Card & Print:
Health Benefits of ‘Indian style Boiled Peanut Spicy Salad’:
Peanuts are good source of Omega-3, edible fibre, anti-oxidants and healthy fats. And are rich in calories too. But if you take it in moderation anything should be fine.
Chaat Masala Powder: This powder mainly contains, dry mango powder, which aids in healthy digestion with its anti-inflammatory & anti-oxidant properties.
Ground Cumin / Jeera Powder: Cumin aids in digestion, boosts immune system & has anti bacterial properties.
To Conclude: This recipe is suitable for weight gain, healthy digestion, High calories, Oil Free, Plant Based, Vegan, Vegetarian, Gluten Free, WFPBNO, WFPB diets,
Other recipes from my blog:
Before starting to cook, don’t forget to see the Tips mentioned at the end.
Salad recipes collection⇒ Salads & Soups
Instant Pot recipes collection⇒ Electric Pressure Cooker / Instant Pot Recipes
Drink recipes collection⇒ Drink / Beverage
- Peanuts / Groundnuts – 1 cup (uncooked)
- Fresh Tomatoes – 1 cup (finely chopped)
- Onions – 1 cup (finely chopped)
- Capsicum / Bell Peppers – ½ cup (finely chopped)
- Fresh Green Chillies – 3 (finely chopped)
- Chopped Coriander / Cilantro Leaves – a handful
- Lemon / Lime Juice – 2 tablespoons
- Black Salt – as per taste
- Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder – ¼ teaspoon
- Ground Cumin / Jeera Powder – 1 teaspoon
- Indian Chaat Masala Powder – 1 teaspoon
- Water – as required (for boiling peanuts)
- Indian Date Chutney – 1 tablespoon (optional)
- Indian Chaat Masala Powder
Step Wise pics Procedure for ‘Peanut Chaat (Indian Spicy Peanut Salad)’:
As part of the prep work, getting the peanuts boiled is most important.
You can cook the peanuts either on Stove Top (or) in an Instant Pot Pressure Cooker. I have given both the methods so check accordingly.
Stove Top Method to Boil Peanuts:
To Boil Peanuts in Instant Pot:
Gathering the Ingredients:
Making the Spicy Peanut Chaat:
- Adjust the salt & spice as per your taste.
- You can add any other fresh, raw veggies such as grated carrot, grated beetroot, finely chopped green cucumber, grated radish.
- Its fine to use roasted salted peanuts. But, boiled peanuts are generally for the original peanut chaat recipe.
- I tried the same recipe without adding sweet date chutney, but the chaat tastes extremely great.
- if you have shelled peanuts, then boil them, deshell and use in the same recipe.
- Storage: I would suggest making this salad fresh as it stays good only up to a day.
- This, Boiled Peanut Chaat, is a true explosion of flavours that will leave you craving for more with each mouth watering bite.
- The fresh vegetables, such as finely chopped onions, tomatoes and coriander leaves, lend a refreshing crunch and a hint of sweetness to the chaat.
- The green chilies or red chili powder provide a touch of heat that enhances the flavour profile.
- Overall, the Indian style boiled peanut chaat offers a dynamic taste experience, combining nuttiness, tanginess, spiciness, and freshness, all in perfect harmony.
Ingredients, Accessories on ‘AMAZON’ to SHOP’:
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Recipe Card & Print:
Boiled Peanut Chaat / Indian Masala Peanut Salad
- 1 Sauce Pan / Vessel (for stove-top method)
- 1 Instant Pot or Electric Pressure Cooker (for IP method)
- 1 Wide Mixing Bowl
- 1 cup Peanuts / Groundnuts (uncooked)
- 1 cup Fresh Tomatoes (finely chopped)
- 1 cup Onions (finely chopped)
- ½ cup Capsicum / Bell Peppers (finely chopped)
- 3 count Fresh Green Chillies (finely chopped)
- a handful Chopped Coriander / Cilantro Leaves
- 2 tablespoons Lemon / Lime Juice
- as per taste Black Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cumin / Jeera Powder
- 1 teaspoon Indian Chaat Masala Powder
- as required Water (for boiling peanuts)
- 1 tablespoon Indian Date Chutney (optional)
1cup=250ml; ¾ cup=180ml; ½cup=125ml; 1 tbsp=14ml; 1 tsp = 4ml
- As part of the prep work, getting the peanuts boiled is most important.You can cook the peanuts either on Stove Top (or) in an Instant Pot Pressure Cooker. I have given both the methods so check accordingly.
- Stove Top Method to boil Peanuts: Take the peanuts into a sauce pan, add 3 cups of water. Close with lid.Put the vessel on stove top under high flame. Let them cook for 15 mins / until the nuts turn tender when press between fingers.
- Instant Pot Method to boil Peanuts: Take the peanuts into the Instant Pot vessel. Add water (2½ cups), close the lid.Set the valve to sealing, mode to PRESSURE COOK, pressure level to HIGH, time to 5 mins. Later, when the timer is back to 0, then release the pressure naturally (NPR). Strain the water & use the boiled peanuts.
Gather the ingredients:
- Gather all the ingredients at one place.Get the peanuts boiled. Finely chop the coriander leaves, green chillies, tomatoes, onions, capsicum/bell pepper. Squeeze the lemon juice.
Making the Spicy Peanut Chaat:
- Into a mixing bowl add all these>> boiled peanuts, chopped green chillies, chopped coriander leaves, chopped onions, chopped tomatoes, chopped capsicum, red chilli powder, chaat masala powder, ground cumin/jeera powder, black salt, fresh lemon juice, date chutney.
- Gently mix up everything such that the spices and well coated. Then, transfer the chaat into a serving plate. Done!
You can Pin it here for later, Pinterest link:
Do leave a comment or hit the like or follow button, just in case you like my recipe!
You can explore my other recipes by clicking the Recipe Category