Recipe Baked, Photographed and Written by Praveena
PrepTime:15mins CookingTime:12mins Cuisine:English
Cookies are my little son’s favourite of all baking goodies. He loves to have them with a glass of milk. And so he keeps on pestering me to make them.
I started baking ONLY to make my 3 children happy…and still continuing for the same reason!! Here is one such recipe which is my NO FAIL recipe!! We baked these cookies during these holidays. Here is my take on star shaped cookies to match the season!!
Please make a note, that I am not a professional baker, am only a homely Mommy baker, so dont compare my bakes with that of a bakery, but I can guarantee for sure that they turn out pretty well.
Before starting to cook, don’t forget to see the Tips mentioned in the end.
Find my other baking recipes here⇒ Baking
- Chocolate – Walnut Fudge / Burfi
- Oats – Badam Burfi / Oats – Almond Fudge
- Curried Green Wrap / Indian Curry Wrap
- Powdered Sugar – 50 gms
- Unsalted Butter – 100 gms
- Plain Flour / Maida – 150 gms
- Vanilla Essence – 6 drops
- Baking Powder – ¼ teaspoon
- Milk – 3 to 4 tablespoons
- 10 small
- Powdered Sugar
Step wise pics Procedure:
- Take the powdered sugar and butter into a wide, deep bowl.
- Whisk them thoroughly, such that the sugar and butter blend well and form a lighter, smooth paste. I used my electric hand whisker.
- Next, seive the plain flour/maida and baking powder into the same bowl.
- Add the vanilla essence too.
- Using your hands gently mix up everything, until you form a dough, by adding the milk.
- Wrap the dough with a cling film and put it in the fridge for 10 mins.
- While the dough is in fridge, parallely switch the oven on under 160ºC for about 10 mins.
- After 10 mins, take the dough from fridge, and using a rolling pin, roll it on a flat surface.
- Using a cookie cutter (any shape) cut the cookies and place them on a oven friendly cookie tray lined up with parchment paper.
- Change the oven settings to 180ºC, put the tray into the oven and bake for about 10-12 mins.
- Let them cool on the cooling rack for 5 mins and then serve or store. Done!!
- See that all the ingredients are at room temperature only.
- Do not melt the butter in a microwave / stove top.
- I have used unrefined cane sugar, so the colour of my cookies might be different than those made with white sugar.
- The cookies seem to be very soft immediately after taking out of the oven, but they harden after they cooled down.
- You can store these cookies in an air-tight container, at room temperature for upto 10 days.
- These cookies were baked perfectly, I should say.
- They were neither very soft nor very hard.
- My kids had them a glass of warm milk, and they just loved them!!
You can Pinit here for later use :
Do leave a comment or hit the like or follow button, just in case you like my recipe!
You can find my other recipes by clicking the Recipe Category