Recipe Baked, Photographed and Written by Praveena
Along with my strong passion for cooking , the main reason I started baking is just for the sake of my children!!!
My three children LOVE oranges such that they would eat them in any form at anytime.This being my first baking related post , I wanted to start up with something my kids would love to have willingly.
I had quite a lot of items in my mind, to give one of them the designation of ‘My First Post’!! But, I went with orange cupcakes as they love & love & love, oranges!!! 🙂 🙂 🙂 (3 smileys for my 3 kids)….
Three of them were immensely excited to help me in baking these cupcakes with their little hands!! 🙂 So here is the process and few photographs. The cupcakes were even plated by my elder one!! 🙂
Happy baking and enjoy eating!! 🙂
Before starting to cook, don’t forget to see the Tips mentioned in the end.
- All Purpose Flour – 1½ cup + 2 tablespoons
- Oil – ½ cup
- Yogurt/Curd – ¾ cup
- Orange Zest – 1 teaspoon
- Orange Essence – ¼ tea spoon
- Orange Juice – ½ cup
- Orange Food Colour – 1 teaspoon
- Baking Soda – ½ teaspoon
- Baking Powder – 1 ½ teaspoon
- Sugar – 1 cup + 2 tablespoons
- Orange Essence
- Orange Food Colour
- Firstly, line up the muffin trays or cup cake trays with suitable liners of your choice.
- Gather all the required ingredients at one place so that it avoids confusion.
- Switch on the oven and preheat at 180°C.
- Now, In a large bowl pour in the sugar, yogurt and oil.
- Mix up everything together using a hand blender or a whisker, until the sugar dissolves completely.
- You will get a frothy layer.
- Into the same bowl, add the orange essence, orange food colour, orange fruit juice, orange zest.
- Give up everything a quick mix with blender.
- In the same bowl sieve in the baking soda,baking powder and flour .
- Then, using a spatula gently cut and fold everything , till the wet and dry ingredients combine perfectly.
- Pour in this batter into the cup cake moulds upto ¾ level of each hole.
- Just tap the trays 2-3 times to make the batter settle down evenly.
- Put the trays into the pre-heated oven .
- Bake them for 15-20 mins or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Take the trays out and put them on the cooling rack.
- Once they are cooled completely, only then remove the cupcakes.
- You can use vanilla essence in case you do not have orange essence.
- Orange food colour can be skipped and have plain cake colour too.
- Fresh Orange juice can be replaced with store bought orange juice too.
- For Orange zest you need to just grate the orange along with its skin.
- I used brown sugar which is raw i.e. unrefined , so my cupcakes might vary slightly in colour.
- I did top up the cup cakes with sparkles as my kids love it that way.
- You can double the ingredients to get double the cupcake count/double size ,just like I did.
- Cupcakes are super fluffy.
- They are filled with lovely smell of the fresh orange juice and zest.
- Every bite of it had the combo of sweet-bitter taste of the orange.
You can Pinit here for later, Pinterest Link :
Do leave a comment or hit the like or follow button, just in case you like my recipe!
You can find my other recipes by clicking the Recipe Category
Like my Facebook Page⇒ https://www.facebook.com/vegcookbookpraveena/