Recipe Cooked, Photographed and Written by Praveena
PrepTime:5-10 mins CookTime:25-30 mins Cuisine:English
Eggless Vanilla Cake with condensed milk, is a simple recipe that I like, the reason being its minimal ingredients. All that is specifically needed in this recipe is just the condensed milk. Rest of all the ingredients are readily available in anybody’s kitchen.
Whenever I made this plain vanilla sponge cake it turned out superbly soft and tasted delicious every time. Do try this and enjoy the yummy taste of this easy making cake.
Before starting to cook, don’t forget to see the Tips which I mentioned at the end.
My baking collection recipes⇒ Baking
- All Purpose Flour / Maida – ¾ cup
- Baking Powder – 1 teaspoon
- Baking Soda – ¼ teaspoon
- Vanilla Essence – ½ teaspoon
- Sweetened Condensed Milk – 1 cup
- UnsaltedButter – ½ cup
- Water – as required (¾ to 1 cup)
- Salt – half of ¼ teaspoon
- Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Melted Unsalted Butter
- Firstly, get all the ingredients at once place on kitchen counter.
- Pre-heat the oven under 200ºC or 390ºF (approx) in convection mode.
- Take the cake tin and apply butter throughout the tin.
- Then sprinkle little bit of flour all over the tin.
- Take a wide bowl and add the sweetened condensed milk, melted butter and vanilla essence.
- Give a mix, using a whisk / fork / electric whisk.
- In the same bowl, sieve in the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add the water slowly, quarter cup after quarter cup, and mix all the ingredients simultaneously.
- Whisk/blend all the dry and wet ingredients thoroughly so that there are no lumps.
- See the consistency of the cake mix in the pic below.
- See pic below regarding the consistency of the cake mix.
- Transfer this cake mix into the cake tin which we set ready before. See pic below.
- Put this tin in the pre-heated oven.
- Bake it for 25-30 mins. Or until a toothpick comes out clean when poked into the cake.
- At that stage, switch off the oven.
- Take the cake tin out and put it on the wire rack to cool down. See pics below.
- Once the cake is completely cooled down, separate the cake from the tin very carefully such that it doesn’t breaks or cracks while taking out.
- Look at the pic above , how perfectly it came out from the cake tin without sticking.
- The texture of the cake can be seen in the pic above.
- Cut the cake and enjoy eating! Done!!
- Follow the exact measurements and instructions as mentioned above, for the cake to turn flawless.
- All the ingredients MUST be at room temperature.
- You can use a hand blender or a hand whisk or a spatula, to combine all the ingredients.
- You can use luke warm water (or) water at room temp, but do not use cold / ice-cold water.
- Dont mix / whisk / blend the batter too much, which might cause the cake to sink.
- You can add 3-4 tablespoons of sugar if you need more sweetness, but its perfect for us.
- Store the cake in an air tight cake box, for the softness to retain.
- It stays good upto 3-4 days at room temperature.
- You can decorate the cake with any flavoured frosting or icing as per your taste.
- The texture of this plain vanilla cake is truly spongy. You can see it in the pic below.
- It was so easy to cut this cake because of the smoothness and the taste is amazingly yummy and delicious. My kids loved it very much.
Pinterest Link for later use :
Do leave a comment or hit the like or follow button, just in case you like my recipe!
You can find my other recipes by clicking the Recipe Category