Recipe Cooked, Photographed and Written by Praveena
PrepTime:5 mins CookTime:6 mins Cuisine:Indian
Green Beans Masala Rice, made in my ELECTRIC PRESSURE COOKER, a quick one-pot meal made with fresh green beans, also called as French beans, as the main ingredient. I always wondered if there’s a one-pot meal just with these fresh beans… and here it is posting the recipe which I experimented.
Here, I just included very few basic ingredients from the kitchen counter, as my target was to prepare a rice recipe without any major prep. It would be more tastier to have this, Green Beans Masala Rice, with a spicy curry on the side, though you can have it with any spicy sauce & raita too!!
Before starting to cook, don’t forget to see the Tips mentioned at the end.
Rice recipes collection here⇒ Main Course
Other electric pressure cooker recipes⇒ Electric Pressure Cooker Recipes
Curry / Sabzi recipes collection⇒ Curry / Koora / Stir Fry
Raita recipes collection here⇒ Chutney / Dip
- Lentils & Veg Rice (Electric Pressure Cooker)
- Sweet Corn & Cashew Rice
- Tri-Capsicum Chinese Fried Rice
- Basmati Rice – 1 cup
- Water – 1¼ cups (for soaking & cooking)
- Green Beans – ¾ cup (fresh / frozen)
- Cooking Oil – 3 tablespoons
- Onions – 2 (medium size)
- Ginger – 1 inch piece
- Garlic – 2 pods (optional)
- Bay leaves – 3
- Green Chillies – 5
- Black Cumin Seeds – 1 teaspoon
- Garam Masala Powder – 1 teaspoon
- Salt – as per taste
Fresh Coriander Leaves – a handful
- Black Cumin Seeds
- Garam Masala Powder
Step wise pics Procedure for ‘Green Beans Masala Rice’:
- Adjust the salt & spice, as per your taste.
- Instead of chopped ginger & garlic, you can add 1 teaspoon of ginger-garlic paste too.
- This, Green Beans Masala Rice, stays good for 2 days at room temperature.
- It can also be stored in refrigerator for a week, and can be re-heated before serving.
- It would be more tastier to have this, Green Beans Masala Rice (Electric Pressure Cooker), with a spicy curry on the side, though you can have it with any spicy sauce & raita too!!
- My kids had it just with the raita, but we both had Aloo korma as a side.
Green Beans Masala Rice (Electric Pressure Cooker)
- Electric Pressure Cooker
- 1 cup Basmati Rice
- 1¼ cups Water (for soaking & cooking)
- ¾ cup Green Beans (fresh / frozen)
- 3 tbsp Cooking Oil
- 2 Onions (medium size)
- 1 inch Ginger (piece)
- 2 Garlic (pods)
- 3 Bay leaves
- 5 Fresh Green Chillies
- 1 tsp Black Cumin Seeds
- 1 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- Cooking Salt (as per taste)
- 1 handful Fresh Coriander Leaves
- Wash the rice thoroughly and soak in water. Chop the onions, beans, ginger and garlic (optional). Slit the green chillies length wise. Set aside.
- Switch the gadget on, turn to fry mode, add the oil, chopped onions, ginger, garlic(optional), slit green chillies, whole black cumin, bay leaves. Fry them for a min.
- Transfer all of the beans and salt. Fry them for 30 sec.
- Add the garam masala powder and soaked rice. Mixed gently.
- Pour in all the soaked water, gently mix everything.
- Close the lid, close the valve, select PRESSURE COOK mode, tap the START button. Takes just 5 to 6 mins only, to go to WARM MODE.
- Release the pressure naturally (NPR) , open the lid.
Using a fork, fluff up the rice gently, garnish with chopped coriander leaves. Done!!
You can Pinit here for later, Pinterest link:
Do leave a comment or hit the like or follow button, just in case you like my recipe!
You can explore my other recipes by clicking the Recipe Category