Recipe Cooked, Photographed and Written by Praveena
PrepTime:5 mins CookTime:2 mins Cuisine:English
Coriander baby potatoes – quick snack / side, is my favourite of all the recipes, that I made during this week. Such a quick & easy recipe to make, with just few basic ingredients.
Actually, during the weekdays, I made this as an evening snack for my kids. I just started making without any proper recipe in my mind. Abruptly, found few baby potatoes in the basket and proceeded with whatever I felt like adding to make the snack tastier. Chose coriander as the main ingredient for the love I have for it. And here came this below recipe.
“Amma (Mom)! I want this for school lunch tomorrow, please Amma, pleeeease…”, this was my son’s request (rather demand), after eating the snack!! And my 2 daughters joined their voice too!! 🙂 Happy kids & Happy Mommy!!
Before starting to cook, don’t forget to see the Tips mentioned at the end.
My other Snack recipes here⇒ Starters / Snacks
My kids lunch boxes collection⇒ Lunch Box
Healthy treats just in 20 mins⇒ After School / Lunch Box Sweet Treats
Curry recipes collection here⇒ Curry / Koora / Stir Fry
- Potato Wedges – Rosemary (Air-Fryer & Oven)
- One-Pot Potato Curry (Electric Pressure Cooker)
- Oven Baked Potato Fries
- Corn & Potato Cutlets / Tikki (Air-Fryer & Pan-Fry Method)
- Baby Potatoes – 10
- Fresh Coriander Leaves – a handful
- Salt – as per taste
- Black Pepper Powder – ¼ teaspoon
- Garlic Powder – ¼ teaspoon (optional)
- Turmeric Powder – ¼ teaspoon
- Mixed Dry Herbs Powder – ¼ teaspoon
- Cooking Oil – 2 tablespoons (optional)
- Fresh Coriander Leaves
- Mixed Dry Herbs Powder
Procedure for ‘Coriander Baby Potatoes – Quick Snack’:
- Wash the baby potatoes, take them into a pressure cooker, add ¼ cup water and ¼ teaspoon salt.
- Cook them for 3 whistles. Takes just 5 mins approx.
- After pressure is released, cut each into 2 or 3 pieces.
- Finely chop the fresh coriander leaves.
- Put a frying pan on stove top under high flame, add the oil & let it heat.
- To the pan, add the baby potato pieces, turmeric powder, salt, mixed dry herbs powder, pepper powder, garlic powder (optional) and chopped coriander leaves.
- Give a thorough but gentle stir, such that each potato piece is well coated with the spices.
- Switch the stove off after a minute. Done!!
- For cooking the baby potatoes on stove top: In a sauce pan, add 1 cup of water, ¼ teaspoon of salt, add the potatoes, cook for on high flame, for 10 mins / until they soften.
- Adjust the salt & spice as per your taste.
- This, coriander baby potatoes – quick snack / side, is good just for a day. Make & serve as soon as possible for the perfect texture and flavour.
- I loved making these, mainly because these were very quick & easy to make.
- The taste was just mind blowing, with the flavour of fresh coriander / cilantro dominating!
- Serves excellently as a party starter / appetiser in a potluck.
You can Pinit here for later, Pinterest link:
Do leave a comment or hit the like or follow button, just in case you like my recipe!
You can explore my other recipes by clicking the Recipe Category