Recipe Cooked, Photographed and Written by Praveena
PrepTime:5 mins CookTime:5 mins Cuisine:English
Coriander baby potatoes – quick snack / side, is my favourite of all the recipes, that I made during this week. Such a quick & easy recipe to make, with just few basic ingredients.
Actually, during the weekdays, I made this as an evening snack for my kids. I just started making without any proper recipe in my mind. Abruptly, found few baby potatoes in the basket and proceeded with whatever I felt like adding to make the snack tastier. Chose coriander as the main ingredient for the love I have for it. And here came this below recipe.
“Amma (Mom)! I want this for school lunch tomorrow, please Amma, pleeeease…”, this was my son’s request (rather demand), after eating the snack!! And my 2 daughters joined their voice too!! 🙂 Happy kids & Happy Mommy!!
Possible Alterations in this recipe, ‘Coriander Baby Potatoes’:
- Replacing the onion powder with very finely chopped onions is one other option. But, you will have to sauté them fist for at least 2 mins before adding all other ingredients.
- Instead of garlic powder you might finely chopped / minced fresh garlic.
- Boiling the whole baby potatoes in a stove-top pressure cooker (or) an Instant pot pressure cooker will be the best option, when compared to that in sauce pan on stove-top.
How to serve ‘Coriander Baby Potatoes’:
- The purpose of this recipe, is to serve as a quick snack. Which is the best suitable option to serve.
- Packing this for Kids Lunch Box just like me, makes the kids easily empty the box. 🙂
- Next most favourable way, is to serve as a side dish with simple recipes like Spring Onion Pulao / Salad Onion Rice, Jeera Pulao / Cumin Rice, Easy Vegan Indian Fried Rice
Before starting to cook, don’t forget to see the Tips mentioned at the end.
My other Snack recipes here⇒ Starters / Snacks
My kids lunch boxes collection⇒ Lunch Box
Healthy treats just in 20 mins⇒ After School / Lunch Box Sweet Treats
Curry recipes collection here⇒ Curry / Koora / Stir Fry
- Spicy Baby Potato Roast (Instant Pot / Stove Top)
- Potato Wedges – Rosemary (Air-Fryer & Oven)
- South Indian style Potato Curry (Instant Pot Pressure Cooker)
- Oven Baked Potato Fries
- Corn & Potato Cutlets / Tikki (Air-Fryer & Stove-Top Method)
Follow me on⇒ Facebook / Pinterest / YouTube / Instagram
- Baby Potatoes – 10 (boiled)
- Fresh Coriander Leaves – a handful
- Salt – 1 teaspoon (or) as per taste
- Black Pepper Powder – ¼ teaspoon
- Onion Powder – ¼ teaspoon (optional)
- Garlic Powder – ¼ teaspoon (optional)
- Turmeric Powder – ¼ teaspoon
- Mixed Dry Herbs Powder – ¼ teaspoon
- Cooking Oil – 2 tablespoons (optional)
- Fresh Coriander Leaves
- Mixed Dry Herbs Powder
Step wise pics Procedure for ‘Coriander Baby Potatoes – Quick Snack’:
- For cooking the baby potatoes on stove top: In a sauce pan, add 1 cup of water, ¼ teaspoon of salt, add the potatoes, cook for on high flame, for 10 mins / until they soften.
- Adjust the salt & spice as per your taste.
- This, coriander baby potatoes – quick snack / side, is good just for a day. Make & serve as soon as possible for the perfect texture and flavour.
- I loved making these, mainly because these were very quick & easy to make.
- The taste was just mind blowing, with the flavour of fresh coriander / cilantro dominating!
- Serves excellently as a party starter / appetiser in a potluck.
Ingredients, Accessories on ‘AMAZON’ to ‘SHOP’:
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Coriander Baby Potatoes – Quick Snack
- Frying pan (for stove-top method)
- 10 count Baby Potatoes (boiled)
- 1 handful Fresh Coriander Leaves
- 1 teaspoon Salt (or as per taste)
- ¼ teaspoon Black Pepper Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Onion Powder (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon Garlic Powder (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Mixed Dry Herbs Powder
- 2 tablespoon Cooking Oil (optional)
- Put a frying pan on stove top under high flame, add the oil & let it heat.
- Add the baby potato pieces, turmeric powder, salt, mixed dry herbs powder, pepper powder, garlic powder (optional) and chopped coriander leaves.
- Gently stir everything such that the spices are well coated over the potatoes.
- Switch the flame off after 2 mins. Done!
You can Pin it here for later, Pinterest link:
Do leave a comment or hit the like or follow button, just in case you like my recipe!
You can explore my other recipes by clicking the Recipe Category