Recipe Cooked, Photographed and Written by Praveena
PrepTime:10 mins FreezeTime:12 hrs Cuisine:English
Presenting to you this ice-cream recipe that I made 4 times within a month. Hahaha…yaa you read it right! 🙂 🙂 The temperatures are rising day by day, home schooling and ‘work from home’ still going on… aren’t these enough reasons? for this to become the main luxury food item these days.
My kids (not just my daughters this time even my son also did his bit) & I made it once. And they were more curious than ever. They kept on opening the fridge every 15 mins, “Is the ice cream set , Amma!”, “I just want to see if its done, Amma!”… hahaha!! At last I served three of them, as in the pic below.
This is a very simple & easily liked dessert by anyone, be it any season. As father’s day is coming over the weekend, I immediately started blogging. And takes the first row for a no-cook dish that children can happily make for their loving Dads. 🙂 So, I hope you encourage your children to make this!
This is HIGH CALORIE / FULL FAT recipe, so people under weight loss / sugar free diet, are strictly restricted to stay quite far away from such luring foods! On the contrary, its perfectly suitable for WEIGHT GAIN! 🙂
Before starting to cook, don’t forget to see the Tips mentioned at the end.
Dessert recipes collection⇒ Desserts / Mithayi
Drink recipes collection⇒ Drink / Beverage
Appetiser recipes⇒ Starters / Snacks
- Eggless Strawberry Cupcakes
- Blueberry Parfait with Fresh Cream – No Bake! No Cook!
- Cherry-Banana Bread (Eggless)
- Very Berry Smoothie (Plant Based)
Whipping Cream / Double Cream / Full Cream – 1½ cups
Sugar – 1 cup
- Milk – ½ cup
Whole Strawberries – 1 cup (fresh / frozen)
- Strawberry pieces – ¼ cup
Essence – 3 drops (strawberry / vanilla)
- Ice Cubes – 20
- Ice Cubes
Procedure for Strawberry Eggless Ice Cream (without condensed milk):
- Take a large steel plate / bowl, add all the ice cubes & spread them throughout.
- Put one more (glass / steel) bowl, over these ice cubes.
- Add the cream and essence to the bowl.
- Using a fork / an electric hand whisker, whisk everything for about 1½ mins.
- Stop to whip just before the peaks, don’t reach the peaks.
- Take the strawberries, sugar and milk into a blender. Blend into smooth puree.
- Pour this blended puree into the cream bowl. Give a thorough gentle mix.
- Transfer everything into freezable container. Top up with strawberry bits.
- Put the container in freezer for 12 hrs for setting. Done!
- You can use either fresh or frozen strawberries. I tried using both.
- Whipping cream (o)r double cream (or) half & half (or) full cream >> any of these can be used with same measurements given above.
- Just be careful, after whipping the cream has to not so flowing and not so thick.
- I used a loaf tin, for freezing the cream. You might even use a steel container or glass container too.
- The freezing time, of 12 hrs, that I mentioned is maximum. You can check after 8 hrs too.
- The ice-cream turned out awesomely delicious.
- It gave a healthy feel, I mean its homemade & didn’t have any processed ingredients like flour, condensed milk. That’s the reason I gave the title as, Strawberry Eggless Ice cream (without condensed milk).
- The strawberry bits added an extra taste in every spoon.
You can Pin it here for later, Pinterest link:
Do leave a comment or hit the like or follow button, just in case you like my recipe!
You can explore my other recipes by clicking the Recipe Category