Recipe Cooked, Photographed and Written by Praveena
PrepTime:5 mins MakeTime:2 mins Cuisine:Indian
A very happy new year, 2021, to all my readers! I would like to take this opportunity to wish you a healthy and immunity resistant year ahead. Ya! Immunity, which is the talk of the town.
Let’s kick start this new year on a sweet note with a refreshing, chilled drink made with a unique fruit, Lychee. Lychee, is actually a spring produce. But these days, unlike the olden days, any and every fruit is generally available throughout the year.
One more predominant point about this recipe is, its made by my younger daughter from start to finish and the plating, décor is made by my elder daughter. Except for the photos taken by me. 🙂 🙂
Younger one said, “Amma (Mum)! I would love to make the first recipe for this year!” 🙂 “And I want to do the plating, Amma!”, added my elder one.
Why would I not agree!? Infact, I was quite overwhelmed with such interest they are showing for cooking and the blog of course. Hope you like the recipe and the plating!
I know this is not the season for milkshakes, but I had to please my daughters hence posting this. Quite Motherly, is it not?! 🙂
Health Benefits of ‘Lychee / Litchi Milkshake’:
Lychee, are rich in Vitamin C and Vitamin B 6. They are good for skin care and anti wrinkle. Aids digestion, weight loss and avoids thyroid problems.
Milk, is rich in calcium, Vitamin D and for healthy bones.
To conclude, This milkshake is loaded with calories and is suitable for Vegetarians.
Before starting to cook, don’t forget to see the Tips mentioned at the end.
You can see my other Drink recipes here⇒ Drink / Beverage
Appetiser recipes collection⇒ Starters / Snacks
Kids sweet treat recipes collection⇒ After School / Lunch Box Sweet Treats
- Fusion Dessert – Fruit Custard & Halwa/Pudding
- Eggless Healthy Dry Fruits & Nuts Cake
- Yogurt & Mixed Berry Ice Lollies / Popsicles
- Watermelon Rind Energy Balls (No added Sugar)
Ingredients (for 2 servings):
- Lychee / Litchi Fruit – 10
- Milk – 3 cups / ½ litre (approx)
- Honey – 4 tablespoons
- Fresh Mint Leaves – 4
- Vanilla Essence – 2 drops
- Ice Cream – 2 scoops / ½ cup
- Ice Cubes – 6
- Chopped Pistachio – 2 tablespoons
- Fresh Mint Leaves
- Ice Cream
Procedure for making, ‘Lychee / Litchi Milkshake’:
- Firstly, take the lychee fruits, remove the peel, deseed them and set the pulp aside.
- Into a blender / processor, take the lychee pulp and half of the milk. Blend into puree.
- Now, to the blender, add all these>> the remaining milk, mint leaves, honey, ice cream and 4 ice cubes.
- Blend everything perfectly, along with the fruit puree.
- Serve the milk shake into glasses.
- Gently drop the remaining ice cubes into each glass.
- And then garnish each glass with the chopped pistachios. Done!!
- You can use fresh lychee fruit (or) even frozen ones.
- Adding sugar / honey is completely optional.
- Vegans, can use almond milk which suits best for this recipe.
- Instead of Vanilla Ice Cream you might use Strawberry Ice Cream. Actually, my daughter used this homemade Strawberry Eggless Ice Cream (without condensed milk), prepared by me.
- For making this into breakfast lollies, Lychee / Litchi Milkshake, can be frozen like this>> Yogurt & Mixed Berry Ice Lollies / Popsicles
- Blend the lychee fruit pulp along with halfof the milk first and only then add other ingredients.
- I cant say that this, Lychee / Litchi Milkshake, is completely healthy. For the fact, its loaded with high in fat ice-cream. But according to me, its far more better than any fizzy drink.
- You can even avoid the honey, if you prefer less sugar.
- Its best served for breakfast (or) as part of a 3 course meal (or) for kids after school snack (or) for any party.
You can Pin it here for later, Pinterest link:
Do leave a comment or hit the like or follow button, just in case you like my recipe!
You can explore my other recipes by clicking the Recipe Category