Recipe Cooked, Photographed and Written by Praveena
PrepTime:2 mins CookTime:15 mins Cuisine: Indian
Recipe Card ⇓ Shop ⇓
If you are looking for a easy, few ingredients and instant individual serving style quick dessert / sweet recipe, then here is a right recipe.
I made these, Instant Coconut Ladoo with Condensed Milk, just within 15 minutes. Made were these especially for the upcoming, Rakhi Pournami / Raksha Bandhan, an Indian festival celebrated to strengthen the brother-sister bondage.
To know about this festival in detail, please check my blog post⇒ Simple South Indian Festive Thali for Shravan Pournami
The below platter is how we traditionally arrange for the Rakhi festival.
Possible Alterations for the recipe, ‘Instant Coconut Laddu with Condensed Milk’:
Ingredients to skip: The cardamom powder and rose water are just additional ingredients. They can be skipped too.
Roast the coconut: Dry roasting the desiccated coconut just for 2 mins, can eliminate the raw smell. I didn’t find it necessary so skipped.
Using fresh coconut: Freshly grated coconut can very well be used in the same recipe, but the shelf life is lesser.
Adding nuts: Finely chopped nuts like almonds, cashews, walnuts, chestnuts can be added to the pan along with all other ingredients.
To add colour to the ladoo: Just add ¼ teaspoon of food colour to the pan along with other ingredients.
Vegan options: You might use Vegan Coconut Condensed milk available in the market.
Before starting to cook, don’t forget to see the Tips mentioned at the end.
Ladoo recipes collection⇒ Laddoo Recipes / Indian Energy Balls
Dessert Recipes collection⇒ Desserts / Mithayi
Appetiser recipes collection⇒ Starters / Snacks
Related Posts with ‘CONDENSED MILK’:
- Eggless Vanilla Cake With Condensed Milk
- Fresh Fruit Salad with Cream
- Mango Kalakand Burfi / Fudge
- Fresh Coconut Fudge / Burfi
- Vanilla Fudge / Instant Palakova
- Chocolate – Walnut Fudge / Burfi
- Milk Powder – ¼ cup
- Sweetened Condensed Milk – 1 cup
- Desiccated Coconut / Dry Coconut Powder – ½ cup (+ ½ cup extra)
- Elaichi / Cardamom Powder – ½ teaspoon
- Rose Water – 1 teaspoon
- Milk Powder
Step Wise pics Procedure for ‘Instant Coconut Ladoo Recipe made with Condensed Milk’:
- Don’t worry if the ingredient quantities are a bit less (or) bit more. The ladoos turn well anyway.
- Keep stirring continuously, if not the content would burn very quickly.
- The cardamom powder and rose water are just additional ingredients. They can be skipped.
- If suppose the outcome has turned loose and you are not able to roll them. Then, put the content in fridge (not freezer) for 5 to 10 mins and roll them. It works perfectly.
- You can make double the count of ladoo, just by adding double the ingredient quantities.
- Storage: Put the ladoos in an air-tight container and store them in fridge. They stay good for more than 10 days.
- These ladoo / laddu were so soft and succulent with the juicy condensed milk.
- Kids just loved them. And, as I have made double the quantities, they were more than happy to have them for the next few days for dessert.
Ingredients, Accessories on ‘AMAZON’ to ‘SHOP’:
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Instant Coconut Ladoo with Condensed Milk
- Sauce Pan / Vessel (for stove-top method)
- Wide Plate
- ¼ cup Milk Powder
- 1 cup Sweetened Condensed Milk
- ½ cup Desiccated Coconut / Dry Coconut Powder
- ½ teaspoon Elaichi / Cardamom Powder
- 1 teaspoon Rose Water
- Take all the ingredients at one place.
- Put a medium size pan on stove top under low to medium flame.
- Transfer all the ingredients into the pan. Keep ½ cup of Desiccated Coconut aside, for later use.
- Keep stirring continuously, let everything mix well.
- The contents leave the sides of the pan, just as shown. Take just, 5 to 7 mins.
- Switch the flame off, take the pan off the stove. Let it cool completely.
- Spread the remaining ½ cup of desiccated coconut onto a clean, dry plate.
- Grease your hands with butter/ghee, roll the content into small balls and coat them with the desiccated coconut.
- Either serve immediately or store. Done!!
You can Pin it here for later, Pinterest link:
Do leave a comment or hit the like or follow button, just in case you like my recipe!
You can explore my other recipes by clicking the Recipe Category