Recipes Cooked, Photographed and Written by Praveena
PrepTime: 20 mins CookTime:1 hr Cuisine: South Indian
Simple South Indian Festive Thali, that I prepared during this Sravana Pournami. Which is the 15th day of the month of SHRAAVAN as per Hindu Calendar. Mostly, falls during the month of August as per English calendar.
I prepared the above simple platter / bhojanam as an offering to the Gods & Goddesses on the occasion of this festival.
Importance of ‘Shravana Pournami’:
Though the entire month is considered auspicious, but this particular day is the best of all, because of more than one occasions falling on.
- First and foremost is, the boys of the Hindu Brahmin Community start seeking their vedic studies from a Guru, at his Gurukul.
- Men and Boys who have already got their upanayanam (traditional sacred thread ceremony) done, do replace the thread with a new one.
- Raksha bandhan, the most happening festival, in North India, also falls on this day. Now-a-days this festive spirit spread to the South as well. On this day, sisters tie a sacred thread to the wrist, to each & every brother of their family. Which signifies a promise made, to love, care and support each other.
- And personally, it’s our marriage anniversary on this day. And so it makes us feel even more special for a celebration.
Other Festive Platters Collection⇒ Vindhu Bhojanam / Festive Lunch
Daily Lunch Meal Platters Collection⇒ Bhojanam / Thali / Meal Platter
- No Onion – No Garlic Recipes Collection
- Laddoo Recipes / Indian Energy Balls
- Traditional Indian Recipes for Festivals / Panduga Nayivedyalu
Follow me on⇒ Facebook / Pinterest / YouTube / Instagram
DETAILS of ‘Simple South Indian Festive Thali’:
This, Simple South Indian Festive Thali, has : [Please click on each link for its detailed recipe with step wise pics, tips & health benefits.]
(According to ayurveda this powder when mixed with steamed hot rice and homemade ghee / butter, serves as a perfect starter. This guides for proper intake and digestion of food.)
Brinjal & Green Peas Curry / Vankaya -Bataani Koora (Instant Pot, Stove top)
Muddha Pappu / Dal / Plain LentilStew
- Fresh Curd / Yogurt (homemade)
DESSERT: (I have used green food colour for this platter)
- Fresh fruit, Peach wedges
You can Pin it here for later, Pinterest link:
Do leave a comment or hit the like or follow button, just in case you like my recipe!
You can explore my other recipes by clicking the Recipe Category