Recipe Cooked, Photographed and Written by Praveena
Prep Time:10 mins LayeringTime:5 mins Cuisine:Indian
In general, parfait means a layered dessert with fruit, cream and eggs. However, in this recipe there is no usage of eggs.
This is the first recipe where I do not have stepwise pics. As this is just layering and no cooking involved I felt there is no such need of stepwise pics for this recipe.
Its so easy to make as just layering is involved in here, one weekend even my two daughters made this dessert as a surprise for us. The below pics are taken by me, while the cream is whipped and this extremely appetizing dessert is layered by my two loving daughters 🙂
And bear in mind, this dessert is high in fat, eggless, not vegan and ofcourse glutenfree.The below measurements are for two large glasses of this yummy dessert.
Before starting to cook, don’t forget to see the Tips mentioned in the end.
My Dessert Collection⇒ Desserts / Mithayi
- Whipping Cream – 1 cup
- Vanilla Essence – 1 teaspoon
- Icing Sugar – ¼ cup
- Oreo Biscuits – 6
- Honey – 4 tablespoons
- Oats Museli –
- Kiwi – 4
- Fresh Blueberries – 300 gms (3 heaped cups approx)
- Oreo Biscuits
- Whipping Cream
- For preparation:
- Crush 4 of the Oreo biscuits & keep aside.
- Take the whipping cream in a wide bowl, add the icing sugar and vanilla essence.
- Whisk thoroughly upto high peaks, using a hand blender / whisker. Keep this whipped cream aside.
- Take 2 cups of blueberries into a blender/ mixer and make into puree.
- Peel the kiwis and chop them into small pieces.
- For layering :
- Take two large glasses, add the crushed oreo(s) biscuits into both.
- Next layer, add the muesli oats. Divide equally into both glasses.
- Then, add 2 tablespoons of bluberry fruit puree.
- Add a thick layer of whipped cream which we kept aside.
- Over it, goes all the kiwi pieces which we chopped.
- Next goes the honey.
- Add a thin layer of whipped cream again and top it with 2 tablespoons of blueberry fruit puree.
- Next layer comes the whole blurberry fruits that we left.
- And top them again with left over fruit puree alongside the glass.
- On top of it, just drop a blob of whipped cream.
- Decorate the glass with Oreo biscuits that we left aside.Done!!
- While layering the ingredients, be careful that the ingredients dont mix up.
- You can use any fruit in the place of blueberries, with the same recipe.
- If any whipped cream is left over you can store it in the fridge and use it later too.
- You can layer the dessert well before, put the glasses in fridge and then serve later too.
- The taste of this dessert is exotic,extremely delicious and gives a ‘yummy in the tummy’ feel. 🙂
You can Pinit here for later use :
Do leave a comment or hit the like or follow button, just in case you like my recipe!
You can find my other recipes by clicking the Recipe Category