Recipe Cooked, Photographed and Written by Praveena
PrepTime:2 mins BlendTime:3 mins Cuisine:Indian
Carrots and Oats Vegetable Smoothie, is a wholesome smoothie, with carrots as the major ingredient. I just loved it, and at last had a great feeling, that I had made an awesome smoothie which has all natural, raw flavours & taste.
My husband and elder daughter also liked it. But I had to add honey in their smoothie. So, give a try and you will love it!
This smoothie perfectly comes under Weight Loss Recipes. As you can replace a meal (probably dinner) with this wholesome drink. And this is absolutely suitable for Diabetic Menu too.
Health Benefits of ‘Carrots and Oats Smoothie without sweetener’:
Oats are incredibly nutritious, they can lower the cholesterol levels and can control the blood sugar levels. Hence, they are useful for weight loss diet. Last but not the least, they are rich in food fibre and anti-oxidants.
Carrots are low in calories and are a great source of beta carotene, Vitamin K, folate, Vitamin A and anti-oxidants.
Yogurt/Curds are rich in protein & calcium. Helps to improve digestion and strengthens immune system.
To conclude, this recipe comes under Vegetarian, Weight Watchers Diet. As it free from sweetener, its suitable for Diabetic diet. To make it Gluten free, you will have to use Gluten free oats available in the market.
Before starting to cook, don’t forget to see the Tips mentioned at the end.
Drink recipes collection⇒ Drink / Beverage
Low Calories recipes collection⇒ Weight Loss Food / Low Carb Recipes
- Carrot-Coconut Laddoo / Sweet Treats
- Carrot-Rava Laddoo / Carrot-Semolina Sweet Balls
- Cauliflower, Carrots & Peas Stir Fry
- Instant Oats Idli / Oats Veg Idli (Instant Pot, Stove Top)
- Carrot pieces – 1 cup
- Oats – ¼ cup
- Curd / Yogurt – ½ cup
- Cucumber pieces – ½ cup
- Water – ¾ cup
- Honey / Sugar – 2 teaspoons (optional)
- Strawberry pieces – ¼ cup
- 2 glasses of 250ml each.
Procedure for ‘Carrots and Oats Smoothie (No Sweetener)’:
- In a blender jar / mixie jar, take all the ingredients, except the strawberry pieces.
- Blend them into smooth consistency.
- Take 2 glasses, add half of strawberry pieces in each.
- Pour the smoothie into both the glasses.
- Top each glass with the remaining strawberry bits. Done!!
- I did not add any sweetener, you can if you wish to.
- Vegans, can use any plant based yogurt (or) curd.
- This, Carrots and Oats breakfast smoothie, is nice with all natural, raw flavours & taste.
- After drinking, I had a good feeling of, feeding my body a wholesome, healthy drink.
You can Pin it here for later use, Pinterest link:
Do leave a comment or hit the like or follow button, just in case you like my recipe!
You can explore my other recipes by clicking the Recipe Category