Recipe Cooked, Photographed and Written by Praveena
PrepTime:2 mins CookTime:5 mins Cuisine:Indian
Instant Rava Idli Mix (Storage Friendly), is one handy ‘ready to make’ kind of Indian breakfast mix. Trust me, this mix worked perfectly well in making quick breakfast during busy mornings.
And very handy for travel purpose, just carry this air-tight container of rava idli mix, add the rest of the 2 ingredients and make idli(s).
Before starting to cook, don’t forget to see the Tips mentioned at the end.
My Breakfast recipes collection here⇒ Breakfast / Tiffin
Chutney recipes collection⇒ Chutney / Pachchadi / Dip
Chutney powder / podi recipes collection⇒ Powder / Podi
- Instant Rava Idli / Steamed Semolina Patties
- Whole Ragi Idli / Finger Millets Idli
- Carrot-Rava Laddoo / Carrot-Semolina Sweet Balls
- Rava Upma / Semolina Savoury Porridge
- Rava / Semolina / Sooji – 1 cup
- Green Chillies – 3 (finely chopped)
- Fresh Coriander – handful (finely chopped)
- Curry Leaves – 5 (finely chopped)
- Salt – 1 teaspoon (or) as per taste
- Cooking Oil – 1 to 2 tablespoons
Ingredients for Tempering :
- Mustard Seeds – ¼ teaspoon
- Jeera / Cumin seeds – ¼ teaspoon
- Urad Dal / Black Gram – ¼ teaspoon
- Chana Dal / Bengal Gram Lentils – ¼ teaspoon
- Turmeric powder – ¼ teaspoon (optional)
- Cashew Nuts – 10
- Curry Leaves
- Green Chillies
Step wise pics Procedure for Instant Rava Idli Mix (Storage Friendly):
How to store, Instant Rava Idli Mix
- After making this mix, let it cool completely.
- Transfer into an air-tight container and store it in the fridge or in any cool, dry place.
- Stays good up to 3 to 4 months.
- If using part of the mix, store the rest in the same air-tight container in the fridge immediately, it worked fine.
How to use this ‘MIX’ to make IDLI(S)
- To make the idli(s) with this mix, these 2 ingredients are to be added to it⇒ 1.Cooking Soda / Baking Soda 2.Curd / Yogurt.
- Click this link and continue from the FOURTH picture of this recipe procedure⇒ Instant Rava Idli / Steamed Semolina Patties
- Be careful while dry roasting the rava/semolina, so that you don’t burn.
- If you wish to have your idli(s) white, just skip the turmeric powder in the recipe.
- Adjust the salt as per your taste.
- After making this mix, let it cool completely before storing.
- This, Instant Rava Idli Mix – Storage Friendly, is a bliss on busy days and for travel purpose.
- It’s so handy, just takes few minutes to get delicious idli(s) ready to serve.
You can Pin it here for later, Pinterest link:
Do leave a comment or hit the like or follow button, just in case you like my recipe!
You can explore my other recipes by clicking the Recipe Category