Recipe Cooked, Photographed and Written by Praveena
PrepTime:12 hrs CookTime:10 mins Cuisine:South Indian
Two Ingredient Dosa / Crepe (Vegan & GF)!!! Yes, you read it right!! 🙂 Plain Dosa / Saadaa Dosa, one of the most famous & frequently made breakfast recipes of South India.
Being from Telugu states of South India, I always knew my mother making dosa just with these 2 ingredients.
She never even added methi seeds as well. Same is the case with my MIL. All thanks to my MIL for teaching me perfect crispy dosa(s) process.
After blogging almost around 200 recipes, I felt like sharing family recipe of Two Ingredient Dosa / Crepe (Vegan & GF).
A protein rich and carbs filled perfect recipe for breakfast/ brunch/ dinner/ after school/ lunch box.
Table of Contents:
Click to Expand / Collapse
Other recipes from my blog:
Before starting to cook, don’t forget to see the Tips mentioned at the end.
Breakfast recipe collection⇒ Breakfast / Tiffin
Chutney recipes collection⇒ Chutney / Pachchadi / Dip
Kids Lunch Box collection⇒ Lunch Box
‘YOU TUBE’ VIDEO FROM MY OWN CHANNEL:
- Urad Gota / Minapagundlu / Skinless Black Lentils – 1 cup
- White Rice – 2 cups
- Methi / Fenugreek Seeds / Menthulu – 1 tablespoon (optional)
- Water – 3 cups + ¾ cup
- Salt – 2 teaspoons
- Cooking Oil – for making dosa(s)
- Urad Gota / Minapagundlu / Skinless Black Lentils
Step wise pics Procedure for ‘Two Ingredient Dosa / Crepe (Vegan & GF)’:
Tips & Storage:
- Any rice variety can be used for this recipe.
- If you prefer to, you can add methi / fenugreek seeds / menthulu at the start for soaking itself.
- Water measurements are just perfect to get the crispy plain paper dosa. Just follow the recipe till the end.
- The above measurements makes 12 to 15 dosa / crepe approximately.
- Fermentation: In summers I just put the bowl on my kitchen platform. But in winters I prefer to put in the oven, which is pre – heated for 5 mins & then switched off.
- Adjust the salt & oil usage as per your taste.
- Mix the batter thoroughly, for every dosa/crepe before pouring the batter onto the pan.
- You can roast the dosa as per your desired taste. Some prefer to be soft, some like it crispy while some like white coloured.
- Storage: This batter can be stored in fridge up to 8 – 10 days. You need not thaw, just use it directly.
- These, Two Ingredient Dosa / Crepe (Vegan & GF), were very thin and just like paper in texture.
- Recipes for Chutneys in the below pic⇒ instant coconut chutney, ginger/allam pachadi and peanut / palli chutney.
Ingredients, Accessories on ‘AMAZON’ to ‘SHOP’:
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Recipe Card & Print:
Two Ingredient Dosa / Crepe (Vegan & GF)
- Dosa Pan / Pan Cake griddle
- 1 cup Urad Gota / Dal / Skinless Black lentils / Minapa gundlu
- 2 cups White Rice (uncooked grains)
- 1 tbsp Methi / Fenugreek seeds / Menthulu (optional)
- 3+¾ cups Water
- 5 tbsp Cooking Oil (or as required)
- Take the urad gota / minapa gundlu and rice into a big vessel.
- Wash them thoroughly 2-3 times, add fresh water (3 cups). Leave the vessel on kitchen platform for 3-4 hours.
- Transfer the soaked dal, rice and all the soaked water, into a grinder/blender/mixie. Make into a smooth batter.
- Leave the batter (on kitchen platform) for fermentation, for about 8 to 9 hours.
- Add salt and ¾ cup of fresh water. Thoroughly mix the fermented batter for 2 mins.
- Put a dosa pan / pan cake griddle on stove-top under high flame.
- When its really hot, pour few drops of oil and rub half an onion throughout the pan.
- Pour 2 ladle fulls of dosa batter in the middle, using the same ladle. Slowly spread the batter in circles.
- Let the dosa roast as per your desired taste, then fold / roll on to a plate and serve with chutney.
You can Pin it here for later, Pinterest link:
Do leave a comment or hit the like or follow button, just in case you like my recipe!
You can explore my other recipes by clicking the Recipe Category