Recipe Cooked, Photographed and Written by Praveena
PrepTime:20 mins MakeTime:10 mins Cuisine: English
Recipe Card ⇓ Shop ⇓
Merry Christmas to everyone who celebrate! While every other blogger is busy sharing their bakes, I am here with you to share this, Christmassy coloured healthy salad. Is it something strange, I don’t feel so though!
Christmas is not just baking cakes & making desserts, a Christmas meal is usually a 3 course meal, and a healthy salad / side dish like this does play its role. If you do agree with me, come on! lets make this simple & outrageously delicious salad!
We at home, literally were, dumb struck after having such simple salad. Where addition of a general herb & seeds, gave the entire dish a new impression.
Best thing is, this Potato salad with Parsley, serves the purpose both as a summer picnic salad (or) as a warm winter salad.
Table of Contents:
- Possible Alterations in this recipe, ‘Vegan Potato Salad with Parsley (Instant Pot, Stove Top)’:
- Health Benefits of ‘Potato Salad with Parsley with Plant Based Dressing’:
- Other recipes from my blog:
- Step wise pics Procedure for ‘Potato Parsley Vegan Salad (Stove Top, Instant Pot)’:
- Stove Top Method to Boil Potatoes:
- Instant Pot Method to Boil Potatoes:
- To Make the Salad:
- Ingredients, Accessories on ‘AMAZON’ to ‘SHOP’:
- Recipe Card & Print:
Possible Alterations in this recipe, ‘Vegan Potato Salad with Parsley (Instant Pot, Stove Top)’:
Instead of whole potatoes, you could use baby potatoes too.
Any other tomatoes: I have used plum tomatoes, but any salad tomatoes like Roma, Vine, would suit as well.
While I have boiled whole potatoes, you might opt to peel, dice them into cubes, and then boil.
Adding any other herbs, like mint, green onions, basil, along with parsley makes it even more healthy & full of flavour.
Using Olives: I was out of olives at home, so couldn’t add them. If not, I would even prefer, olives in the place of pumpkin seeds.
To replace Balsamic Vinegar: If you are against balsamic vinegar, just go for red wine vinegar it does suit well.
Alternative to White Potatoes: Even using sweet potatoes instead of white potatoes, enhances the dish even more with a sweet tinge alongside.
Health Benefits of ‘Potato Salad with Parsley with Plant Based Dressing’:
Potato, is high in fibre, naturally gluten free, starchy food, high in carbs and so they are very much filling. Eating more potato, than a single medium size potato, is not good for people with diabetes, high blood pressure or heart disease.
Parsley, is a herb, which has high anti-bacterial & anti-inflammation properties. It is a great source of Vitamin K, which supports bone, heart health & help fight cancer substances. The enzymes in Parsley improves food digestion and helps in weight loss.
Pumpkin Seeds, are the best source of Plant Based OMEGA-3 fatty acids. They have anti-inflammation and anti-diabetic properties. Helps to lower the cholesterol and reduce insomnia. Unique benefit of these seeds is their alkaline nature their magnesium content.
To conclude, this is a filling, gluten free salad with purely plant based dressing. Rich in anti-oxidants, anti-inflammation, vitamin-C, fibre. Suitable in limited quantity to any diet.
Other recipes from my blog:
Before starting to cook, don’t forget to see the Tips mentioned at the end.
Appetiser recipes collection⇒ Starters / Snacks
Salad recipes collection⇒ Salads & Soups
Instant Pot recipes collection⇒ Electric Pressure Cooker / Instant Pot Recipes
Low Carb recipes collection⇒ Weight Loss Food / Low Carb Recipes
- Spicy Baby Potato Roast (Instant Pot / Stove Top)
- Chana-Aloo Chat / Chickpeas-Potato Salad
- Potato – Corn Cutlets / Tikki (Air-Fryer & Stove top Method)
- Coriander Baby Potatoes – Quick Snack
Follow me on⇒ Facebook / Pinterest / YouTube / Instagram
- White / Red Potatoes – 5 (medium size)
- Baby Tomatoes – 1 pint / 250 gms (plum / cherry)
- Pumpkin Seeds – ¼ cup (dry roasted / toasted)
- Fresh Parsley – ½ to 1 cup (finely chopped)
- Green Cucumber / English Cucumber – 1 cup (diced)
- Sea Salt – 1 teaspoon / as per taste
- Ground Black Pepper – 1 teaspoon / as per taste
- Balsamic Vinegar – 2 tablespoons
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil – 3 tablespoons
- Lemon Juice – 1 tablespoon
- Pumpkin Seeds
- Balsamic Vinegar
Step wise pics Procedure for ‘Potato Parsley Vegan Salad (Stove Top, Instant Pot)’:
Stove Top Method to Boil Potatoes:
Instant Pot Method to Boil Potatoes:
To Make the Salad:
- Adjust the salt & spice as per your taste.
- For the instant pot method of boiling the potatoes, I felt, more than 5 mins of time would make them a bit mushy. Which doesn’t suit for a salad.
- Whichever method you boil the potatoes, take care that they are just tender but not mushy.
- Try to use freshly ground coarse black pepper only, rather than store bought pepper powder.
- In case you are short of fresh parsley just go with dry parsley (or) even a mix of both.
- Try not to skip adding the pumpkin seeds.
- Storage: This salad is very much suitable for storage in fridge up to 2 days and is great for picnic or road trips or as a travel food.
- First when I took the salad bowl into my hands, the strong flavour of parsley & balsamic mixed up with the mild aroma of olive oil, made my taste buds active instantly.
- The taste is truly tummy pleasing, which makes it filled with tender potatoes, juicy tomatoes and nutty pumpkin seeds.
- Among all the ingredients that I added to the salad, we loved the inclusion of pumpkin seeds (though they are not the main ingredient 🙂 ).
Ingredients, Accessories on ‘AMAZON’ to ‘SHOP’:
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Recipe Card & Print:
Potato Salad with Parsley
- Sauce Pan / Vessel (for stove-top method) (to boil the potatoes)
- Instant Pot or Electric Pressure Cooker (for IP method) (to boil the potatoes)
- Small mixing bowl
- Wide Mixing Bowl
- 5 count White / Red Potatoes (medium size)
- ½ pint Baby Tomatoes (plum / cherry) (250 gms)
- ¼ cup Pumpkin Seeds (dry roasted / toasted)
- ½ to 1 cup Fresh Parsley (finely chopped)
- 1 cup Green Cucumber / English Cucumber (diced)
- 1 teaspoon Sea Salt (or as per taste)
- 1 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper (or as per taste)
- 2 tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
- 3 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
STOVE TOP METHOD TO BOIL THE POTATOES:
- Into a sauce pan, add 4 cups of water, drop the potatoes, place the lid on. Put the vessel on stove top under high flame for 20 mins.
INSTANT POT METHOD TO BOIL THE POTATOES:
- Pour 2 cups of water into the inner pot. Place all the washed potatoes into a steel vessel and put the vessel on the steel stand that fits in the Instant pot vessel.Close the IP lid & valve.Set to PRESSURE COOK mode, for 5 mins under HIGH PRESSURE.
- Later, Release the pressure either naturally (NPR). This takes 10 more mins approximately. Put the boiled potatoes in cold water,peel the skin and dice them into cubes.
TO MAKE THE SALAD:
- Into a large mixing bowl, transfer the diced potatoes, cucumbers, tomatoes,parsley. For the dressing, in a small bowl, take the olive oil, salt, balsamic vinegar, ground black pepper, lemon juice and whisk them until mixed.
- Drizzle the dressing onto the diced veggie bowl. Using 2 spoons each on one hand, gently toss until well coated. Finally, top up with toasted pumpkin seeds. Done!
You can Pin it here for later, Pinterest link:
Do leave a comment or hit the like or follow button, just in case you like my recipe!
You can explore my other recipes by clicking the Recipe Category