Recipe Baked, Photographed and Written by Praveena
PrepTime:10 mins CookTime:20 mins Cuisine:English
My daughters and even my little son are so much fond of baking along with me. Now my daughters are confident enough to bake cupcakes / simple cake from start to end, without any bit of help from me. And they feel so delighted for doing all by themselves and showing us their talent. Generally they do it as team work. But, this is the first time my younger daughter, wanted to do it all by herself. I just gave her my own recipe of eggless strawberry cupcakes (Recipe Link⇒ Eggless Strawberry Cupcakes ) from my blog. She just replaced the fruit with apples and you can see the result below.
I could not add any step-by-step pictures as she didn’t allow me to the kitchen… 🙂 🙂 So, I had taken just the photos when they were cooled down completely. Few other pics I added below are from my strawberry cupcakes recipe post. Now, its your turn to have a try!!
Before starting to cook, don’t forget to see the Tips mentioned in the end.
My other Baking recipes here⇒ Baking
- All Purpose Flour – 1 cup
- Wheat Flour – 1 cup
- Baking Soda – ¾ teaspoon
- Baking Powder – 1 ½ teaspoon
- Salt – ¼ teaspoon
- Oil – ½ cup
- Milk – 1 cup
- White Vinegar – 1 tablespoon (optional)
- Apple / Vanilla Essence – 1 teaspoon
- Red Food Colour – 1 teaspoon
- Finely Chopped Apple pieces – 1 cup
- Sugar – ¾ cup
- Apple Essence
- Red Food Colour
- Firstly, line up the muffin trays or cup cake trays with suitable liners of your choice.
- Gather all the required ingredients at one place so that it avoids confusion.
- Switch on the oven and preheat at 180°C or 350º F.
- Now, In a food processor or blender, make a puree of chopped apple pieces, milk, oil, essence, sugar, food colour and vinegar. See pic below.
- Transfer this puree into a large bowl.
- Into the same bowl sieve in the whole wheat flour, all purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Then, using a spatula gently cut and fold everything , till the wet and dry ingredients combine perfectly.
- You can even use a hand whisker to mix up everything perfectly.
- Using an ice-cream scooper, pour in this batter into the cup cake moulds upto ¾ level of each hole.
- Just tap the trays 2-3 times to make the batter settle down evenly.
- Put the trays into the pre-heated oven .
- Bake them for 15-20 mins or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Take the trays out and put them on the cooling rack.
- Once they are cooled completely, only then remove the cupcakes from the trays.
- You can top each cupcake with any topping of your choice just before serving or you can even have them as it is without any toppingl!! Done!!
- You can use vanilla essence in case you do not have apple essence.
- Red food colour can be skipped and have plain cake colour too.
- I used brown sugar which is raw i.e. unrefined , so my cupcakes might vary slightly in colour.
- You can even use just the wheat flour or just the all purpose flour too. (Unlike me)
- For Vegan cupcakes, you will have to use almond milk. As I have already used jaggery (unrefined cane sugar) so you need not think of a Vegan substitute.
- You can double the ingredients to get double the cupcake count/double size.
- These Cupcakes are super fluffy.
- They are filled with lovely smell of the fresh apples and flavour too.
You can Pinit here for later use :
Do leave a comment or hit the like or follow button, just in case you like my recipe!
You can find my other recipes by clicking the Recipe Category