Recipe Cooked, Photographed and Written by Praveena
PrepTime:5 mins CookTime:10 mins Cuisine:Indian
Recipe Card ⇓ Shop ⇓
Potato Curry is my first post using my electric pressure cooker. I have been using this cooker since a year. But always felt lazy to blog the recipes which I tried.
At last, here is my first post, using the most talked about kitchen gadget.. INSTANT POT ELECTRIC PRESSURE COOKER. I start with this super easy curry recipe made with this ever loved vegetable.
Table of Contents:
- Possible Alterations for the recipe, ‘Simple Potato Curry (South Indian)’:
- How to serve, ‘South Indian style, Easy Potato Curry’:
- Other recipes from my blog:
- Video for ‘Instant Pot Potato Curry (South Indian style)’:
- Step wise pics Procedure for ‘Instant Pot Simple Potato Curry (South Indian style)’:
- Prep Work:
- Tips & Storage:
- Ingredients, Accessories on ‘AMAZON’ to ‘SHOP’:
- Recipe Card & Print:
Possible Alterations for the recipe, ‘Simple Potato Curry (South Indian)’:
Potato Variety: I have used white potatoes. But, even red potatoes (or) baking potatoes can also be used.
No Onion – No Garlic: Just avoid adding them, but continue with the rest of the recipe as it is. It does work fine. Here is my stove top recipe for No Onion No Garlic Potato Curry>> Aloo Matar Masala / Potato Green Peas Gravy Curry
How to serve, ‘South Indian style, Easy Potato Curry’:
We had this, Potato Curry (Electric Pressure Cooker), along with fluffy poori (fried Indian bread) and healthy salad (as shown in below pic).
It goes great as an accompaniment with any Indian bread like, roti, paratha, naan, phulka, poori.
Try it with my Avocado roti>> Avocado Roti / Tortilla (Whole Wheat), which tastes just good.And moreover makes a wholesome meal.
You can even serve as a side dish with steamed plain rice, or even with any pulao rice / pilaf. For say, like>> Spinach & Chickpeas Pulao Rice (South Indian style) , Jeera Pulao / Cumin Rice , Spring Onion Pulao / Salad Onion Rice.
And one more best option is to use as a sandwich filling just like this recipe>> Indian Masala Sandwich
Other recipes from my blog:
Before starting to cook, don’t forget to see the Tips mentioned at the end.
Curry recipes collection⇒ Curry / Koora / Stir Fry
Instant Pot recipes collection⇒ Electric Pressure Cooker / Instant Pot Recipes
Andhra recipes collection⇒ Authentic Andhra Recipes Collection / Telugu Vantalu
Related Posts with ‘POTATO’:
Video for ‘Instant Pot Potato Curry (South Indian style)’:
- Cooking oil – 4 tablespoons
- Potatoes – 4 (medium size)
- Onions – 2 (medium size)
- Cumin Seeds – 1 teaspoon
- Mustard Seeds – 1 teaspoon
- Ginger Garlic – 1 tablespoon (fresh/paste)
- Green Chillies – 3
- Red Chilly Powder / Chilli Flakes – 1 teaspoon
- Ground Coriander / Dhaniya Powder – 1½ teaspoons
- Turmeric Powder – ½ teaspoon
- Chickpea flour / besan – 1 tablespoon
- Sugar – 1 teaspoon
- Fresh Coriander leaves – a handful
- Water – [2 cups + ½ cup]
- Green Chillies
- Ground Coriander Powder / Dhaniya powder
Step wise pics Procedure for ‘Instant Pot Simple Potato Curry (South Indian style)’:
- Wash, peel and cut the potatoes into small cubes.
- Peel and chop the onions. Slit the green chillies length wise.
- Finely chop the ginger. Set everything aside.
Tips & Storage:
- You can avoid peeling the potatoes.
- Adjust the salt & spice as per your taste.
- Reduce the water quantity, if you want the curry to be more thick.
- Storage: This, simple potato curry tastes good up to a day at room temperature and up to 2 days when stored in fridge.
- We had this, Instant Pot Potato Curry, along with fluffy poori (fried Indian bread) and healthy salad.
- Look at the platter below, the curry, fresh salad and pooris made an excellent combination for the taste buds. 🙂
Ingredients, Accessories on ‘AMAZON’ to ‘SHOP’:
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Recipe Card & Print:
Instant Pot Potato Curry (South Indian style recipe + Video)
- 1 Small cup (for making slurry)
- 1 Instant Pot or Electric Pressure Cooker (for IP method)
- 4 tablespoons Cooking oil
- 4 count Potatoes (medium size)
- 2 count Onions (medium size)
- 1 teaspoon Cumin Seeds
- 1 teaspoon Mustard Seeds
- 1 tablespoon Ginger Garlic (fresh/paste)
- 3 count Green Chillies
- 1 teaspoon Red Chilly Powder / Chilli Flakes
- 1½ teaspoons Ground Coriander / Dhaniya Powder
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- 1 tablespoon Chickpea flour / Besan
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- 1 handful Fresh Coriander leaves
- 2½ cups Water
- Wash, peel and cut the potatoes into small cubes.Peel and chop the onions. Slit the green chillies length wise.Finely chop the ginger. Set everything aside.
- Switch the Instant Pot ON, set mode to SAUTE, time to 5 mins. Add all these>> cooking oil, cumin seeds, mustard seeds, chopped onions. Sauté by stirring.
- Now, add all these>> slit green chillies, chopped ginger, chopped garlic, ground coriander / dhaniya powder and red chilli powder. Give a mix.
- Transfer all the potato cubes, salt, turmeric powder, sugar and few coriander leaves into the same.
- Add 2 cups of water, gently mix everything. Close the lid & the valve, set to PRESSURE COOK mode, under HIGH PRESSURE for 5 mins.
- Release the pressure naturally (NPR). Again set to SAUTE MODE for 2 mins, under low pressure. Add the chickpea flour / besan to ½ cup of water, mix thoroughly without any lumps. Pour this onto the curry.
- Mix thoroughly. Later, switch the Instant Pot OFF, garnish the curry with chopped coriander leaves.
- Immediately, transfer the curry into a serving dish. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves. Done!
You can Pin it here for later, Pinterest link:
Do leave a comment or hit the like or follow button, just in case you like my recipe!
You can explore my other recipes by clicking the Recipe Category