Recipe Cooked, Photographed and Written by Praveena
PrepTime:5 mins CookTime:7mins Cuisine:Indian
Recipe Card ⇓ Shop ⇓
Potato Curry is my first post using my electric pressure cooker. I have been using this cooker since a year. But always felt lazy to blog the recipes which I tried.
At last, here is my first post, using the most talked about kitchen gadget.. ELECTRIC PRESSURE COOKER. I start with this super easy curry recipe made with this ever loved vegetable.
Table of Contents:
- Possible Alterations for the recipe, ‘Besan wali Aloo / Simple Potato Curry’:
- How to serve, ‘South Indian style Besan Potato Curry’:
- Other recipes from my blog:
- Step wise pics Procedure for ‘Instant Pot Simple Potato Curry (South Indian style)’:
- Ingredients, Accessories on ‘AMAZON’ to ‘SHOP’:
- Recipe Card & Print:
Possible Alterations for the recipe, ‘Besan wali Aloo / Simple Potato Curry’:
How to serve, ‘South Indian style, Easy Potato Curry’:
We had this, Potato Curry (Electric Pressure Cooker), along with fluffy poori (fried Indian bread) and healthy salad (as shown in below pic).
It goes great as an accompaniment with any Indian bread like, roti, paratha, naan, phulka, poori.
Try it with my Avocado roti>> Avocado Roti / Tortilla (Whole Wheat), which tastes just good.And moreover makes a wholesome meal.
You can even serve as a side dish with steamed plain rice, or even with any pulao rice / pilaf. For say, like>> Spinach & Chickpeas Pulao Rice (South Indian style) , Jeera Pulao / Cumin Rice , Spring Onion Pulao / Salad Onion Rice.
And one more best option is to use as a sandwich filling just like this recipe>> Indian Masala Sandwich
Full Video from my You Tube Channel:
Other recipes from my blog:
Before starting to cook, don’t forget to see the Tips mentioned at the end.
Curry recipes collection⇒ Curry / Koora / Stir Fry
Instant Pot recipes collection⇒ Electric Pressure Cooker / Instant Pot Recipes
Andhra recipes collection⇒ Authentic Andhra Recipes Collection / Telugu Vantalu
Related Posts with ‘POTATO’:
- Potato Capsicum Dry Curry / Aloo Shimla Mirchi Sukhi Sabzi
- Aloo Matar Masala / Potato Green Peas Gravy Curry
- Easy Aloo Paratha / Potato Stuffed Flatbread
- Aloo / Potato Korma (Instant Pot, Stove Top)
- Potato Wedges – Rosemary (Air Fryer / Oven)
Follow me on⇒ Facebook / Pinterest / YouTube / Instagram
- Cooking oil – 4 tablespoons
- Potatoes – 4 (medium size)
- Onions – 2 (medium size)
- Cumin Seeds – 1 teaspoon
- Mustard Seeds – 1 teaspoon
- Ginger Garlic – 1 tablespoon (fresh/paste)
- Green Chillies – 3
- Red Chilly Powder / Chilli Flakes – 1 teaspoon
- Ground Coriander / Dhaniya Powder – 1½ teaspoons
- Turmeric Powder – ½ teaspoon
- Chickpea flour / besan – 1 tablespoon
- Sugar – 1 teaspoon
- Fresh Coriander leaves – a handful
- Water – 2 cups
- Green Chillies
- Coriander Powder / Dhaniya podi
Step wise pics Procedure for ‘Instant Pot Simple Potato Curry (South Indian style)’:
- Wash, peel and cut the potatoes into small cubes.
- Peel and chop the onions. Slit the green chillies length wise.
- Finely chop the ginger. Set everything aside.
- Add the cooking oil, cumin seeds, mustard seeds and all the chopped onions, sauté until the onions become transparent.
- Now, add the slit green chillies, chopped ginger, chopped garlic, coriander powder and red chilli powder. Give a mix.
- Transfer all the potato cubes, salt, turmeric powder, sugar and few coriander leaves into the same.
- Add 2 cups of water, gently mix everything.
- Close the lid & the valve, set to PRESSURE COOK mode under HIGH PRESSURE for 5 mins.
- Release the pressure naturally (NPR) / quickly (QPR).
- Again set to SAUTE MODE for 2 mins, under low pressure.
- Add the chickpea flour / besan to ½ cup of water, mix thoroughly without any lumps.
- Pour this onto the curry & mix thoroughly.
- Switch off the gadget when you get the desired consistency.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves. Done!
- You can avoid peeling the potatoes.
- Adjust the salt & spice as per your taste.
- Reduce the water quantity, if you want the curry to be more thick.
- This curry tastes good up to a day at room temperature and up to 2 days when stored in fridge.
- We had this, Potato Curry (Electric Pressure Cooker), along with fluffy poori (fried Indian bread) and healthy salad.
- Look at the platter below, the curry, fresh salad and pooris made an excellent combination for the taste buds. 🙂
Ingredients, Accessories on ‘AMAZON’ to ‘SHOP’:
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Recipe Card & Print:
You can Pin it here for later, Pinterest link:
Do leave a comment or hit the like or follow button, just in case you like my recipe!
You can explore my other recipes by clicking the Recipe Category