Recipe Cooked,Photographed and Written by Praveena
PrepTime:10 min CookTime:10 min Cuisine:Indian
Wraps are very easy and quick to make. And are perfectly suitable for a meal, travel, lunch box and as a snack too. You can make ‘N’ number of variations to what is going to be in your wrap. Here, I added green curry, making it an Indianised version of wrap.
I packed this wrap for my kids lunch box and they loved it. Try this and see!
Before starting to cook this recipe , see the Tips mentioned at the end.
Semi dry curries recipes⇒ Curry / Koora / Stir Fry
Lunch Boxes collection for my kids⇒ Lunch Box
- Indian Masala Sandwich
- Brinjal – Green Peas Curry / Vankaya -Bataani Koora
- Capsicum-Nuvvula Koora / Bell Pepper-Sesame Curry / Shimla Mirch-Til Sabzi
Ingredients: (for 2 wraps)
- Tortillas / Chapatis – 2
- Green Cucumber (chopped) – ½ of small
- Butter – 2 teaspoons
- Grated Cheese – 2 tablespoons (optional)
- Coriander Leaves (finely chopped) – 1 tablespoons
- Boiled Potatoes – 2 (large)
- Green Chillies – 4 (small)
- Coriander Leaves – handful
- Salt – as per taste
- Oil – 2 tablespoons
- Mustard – ½ teaspoon
- Cumin seeds – ½ teaspoon
- Coriander Leaves
- At first prepare the Curry using this link where I made it easily, with boiled potatoes and few other ingredients. Recipe link⇒ Potato Mash Curry /Aloo Tadka / Bangaladumpa Koora.
- Take a tortilla, spread a teaspoon of butter throughout.
- Place 2-3 heaped tablespoons of curry at the centre and spread it throughout.
- Gently drop the cucumber pieces over the curry.
- Sprinkle the chopped coriander over the entire tortilla.
- If you wish to add cheese, sprinkle it cheese all over. While, I did not add cheese.
- Roll the tortilla till the other end, slowly being careful that the curry/veggies do not fall apart.
- Using a knife cut the wrap at the centre, to get two small wraps. Done!!
- You can add the cheese over the tortilla, only if you wish to have the wrap right away. I do not prefer it for lunch boxes/travel , it might become gooey.
- Adjust the salt & spice as per your taste.
- You can try with other semi dry curries from my blog, Recipes link⇒ Curry / Koora / Stir Fry
- You can make the curry well ahead and put it in fridge, but make the wraps instantly.
- These wraps were very apt to satisfy the tummy’s little hunger.
- They were spicy and buttery/cheesy with the flavour of the curry dominating.
You can Pin it here for later, Pinterest Link:
Do leave a comment or hit the like or follow button, just in case you like my recipe!
You can find my other recipes by clicking the Recipe Category